Faction is a leading managed services provider for VMware Cloud on AWS, including disaster recovery and production deployments, and is the only provider of attached storage to VMware Cloud on AWS. Faction helps customers migrate to multi-cloud, powered by patented technology that provides low latency, high throughput connections to all the major clouds, including AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform. Faction’s private and multi-cloud platforms give clients the ability to move, access, scale and protect data between clouds, without the fear of cloud lock-in. Faction is recognized as an Advanced AWS Consulting Partner and VMware Premier Cloud Provider.
Faction’s culture encourages and cultivates an entrepreneurial spirit every day, and embodies out-of-the-box thinking, which all translate to our company values: We challenge the status quo through innovation; We communicate with radical transparency; We pursue customer satisFACTION above all else; We embrace a relentless can-do attitude; We work together, We win together.
We are seeking an elite software leader with a proven track record of execution with product and software engineering teams. In this role, you will report to the CTO and lead multiple teams focused on engineering, architecture, and software.
● Lead multiple teams of software engineers, both in Denver and overseas, while building a bench of talent, and craft and support personal and professional development plans
● Be a hands-on-keyboard software SME, driving best practices for your team by example, and working with the architecture team on software design and practices, and ensuring code delivered avoids creating technical debt
● Oversee maintenance of a growing suite of microservices and tools responsible for functions like CMDB, automation, code generation, and so on, including participating as a major stakeholder in the infrastructure platform
● Oversee Faction portal development as a hub for both internal and client-facing functionality
● Oversee the automation of compute, storage, and network services with exposure of REST APIs and integration with APIs and other vendor tools, helping lead with best practices to write extremely hardened, operations-ready code
● Participate in the software roadmap, helping define and scope functionality iteratively
● Enjoys rapidly progressing in the art and science of software
● Has an extremely high level of software mastery and enjoys mentoring
● Loves helping a team achieve at maximum potential
● Enjoys a high-communication environment
● 8+ years of software development experience or equivalent experience
● 4+ years of leadership experience in a software environment or equivalent
● Experience with client-server, SoA, and microservices software architecture patterns
● Useful to have experience with Python, C#, .NET Core
● Experience with multiple application types (web, embedded, native executed, etc), and both front and back-end web code
● The ideal candidate will have experience with system, network, and/or storage engineering and/or domain knowledge with system, network, and storage
● Strong empathy towards end users and an ability to help design software that is ideal from a user perspective, with the ability to articulate end-user personas
● Bias toward engineering “hardened” code that strongly checks assertions and fails loudly and gracefully if it must fail
● Advanced degrees are appreciated as an indicator of curiosity and a desire to learn; autodidactic/non-traditional experienced experts equally desired