Denver-based Faction® empowers customers by giving them maximum control in an unmatched hybrid & multi-cloud environment that performs like on-prem, scales like public, and connects them like never before. Faction® is a Platinum-level NetApp Service Provider, Premier Partner in the VMware® Cloud Provider Program (VCPP) and an early access partner for VMware Cloud on AWS. Faction® has SOC 1 & 2, HIPAA compliant and PCI capable cloud nodes in 7 geographies across North America, and 2 in EMEA.
Faction is seeking an extremely talented Network Engineer who has expert experience in cloud networks and virtual infrastructure, with a proficient understanding of VMWare products that approaches solutions with an “automation first” mentality.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and intelligently, function well in a team environment, and display excellent communication skills. Our Network Engineers are responsible for resolving complex service issues, support engineering services to partner teams and assisting with the implementation of complex projects. This role is a key position in maintaining our network infrastructure in multiple datacenters and will be called upon to resolve high level technical issues.
● Excellent data communications experience including:
o IP routing (BGP / OSPF)
o Firewall technology and IPSEC VPNs
o Spanning tree and VLAN trunking
● Ability to work independently and execute tasks with minimal guidance
● Hands on experience with performance managing and monitoring a mission critical MPLS/VPLS network backbone in a heterogeneous environment
● Experience supporting Brocade network hardware (CER, VDX and TurboIron)
● Experience supporting Juniper network hardware
● Experience with Cisco UCS
● Experience with TRILL, VPLS, QnQ protocols