Faction is a leading managed services provider for VMware Cloud on AWS, including disaster recovery and production deployments, and a provider of attached storage to VMware Cloud on AWS. Faction helps customers migrate to multi-cloud, powered by patented technology that provides low latency, high throughput connections to all the major clouds, including AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform. Faction’s private and multi-cloud platforms give clients the ability to move, access, scale and protect data between clouds, without the fear of cloud lock-in. Faction is recognized as an Advanced AWS Consulting Partner and VMware Premier Cloud Provider.
Faction’s culture encourages and cultivates an entrepreneurial spirit every day, and embodies out-of-the-box thinking, which all translate to our company values: We are genuine; We are innovators; We are relentless problem solvers; We are passionate about client delight; We are radically transparent; We are a professional team, and we do our best thinking with a shared beverage. Can you manage challenges while maintaining a positive client-focused attitude?
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Accountant to join our innovative and growing finance and accounting team. This position provides high visibility to the executive leadership team and offers an incredible opportunity for growth.
· Support month-end close process, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
· Manage the capital lease and fixed asset accounting.
· Manage the filing of sales and use tax returns and reporting.
· Manage intercompany transactions, elimination entries and consolidated reporting.
· Assist with processing customer invoices accurately and timely as needed.
· Assist with Collections.
· Prepare monthly expense and COGS reconciliations.
· Assist with revenue analysis and reconciliations.
· Manage the customer cash application process
· Proactively help research and resolve billing issues and questions
· Manage the accounts payable function: ensure invoices are processed in a timely manner, proper coding of expenses is applied, approvals are and AP files are maintained and organized.
· Vendor Management- secure W-9’s, create annual 1099’s, reconcile vendor statements
· Assist with any other ad hoc analysis or projects as needed
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· 3-5 years of accounting experience
· CPA or CPA eligible candidate is preferred
· Proficiency in MS Excel and NetSuite or similar accounting system
· Experience with Avalara helpful.
· Strong aptitude for learning new systems
· Working knowledge of US GAAP standards
· Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally
· Strong work ethic – ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a demanding detail-oriented environment.
· Enthusiastic team player
Faction is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status