Faction, Inc. is a leader in deploying cloud infrastructure at scale. We are a profitable, venture-backed, rapidly-growing provider of private, hybrid-, and multi-cloud infrastructure. We design and deploy compute, storage, networking, and services for clients who need infrastructure at significant scale, driving those economies of scale to benefit our service provider and enterprise clients. We consult with our client on a variety of cloud migration and transformation efforts, and assist them in making the most of cloud infrastructure with a variety of managed services.
Faction is seeking an extremely talented Network Engineer who has expert experience in cloud networks and virtual infrastructure, with a proficient understanding of VMWare products that approaches solutions with an “automation first” mentality.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and intelligently, function well in a team environment, and display excellent communication skills. Our Network Engineer are responsible for resolving complex service issues, support engineering services to partner teams and assisting with the implementation of complex projects. This role is a key position in maintaining our network infrastructure in multiple datacenters and will be called upon to resolve high level technical issues.
● Excellent data communications experience including:
o IP routing (BGP / OSPF)
o Firewall technology and IPSEC VPNs
o Spanning tree and VLAN trunking
● Ability to work independently and execute tasks with minimal guidance
● Hands on experience with performance managing and monitoring a mission critical MPLS/VPLS network backbone in a heterogeneous environment
● Experience supporting Brocade network hardware (CER, VDX and TurboIron)
● Experience with Cisco UCS
● Experience with TRILL, VPLS, QnQ protocols