Reporting to the President and CEO, leads, manages and sets the strategy for the Company’s general legal, intellectual property, compliance with heath care laws, employment, and corporate affairs. This leadership role also champions efforts to build a high performing team for the function and enables a culture of respect and sustained compliance growth.
· Advises, provides counsel and guidance for the Company’s President & CEO, Board of Directors, Executive Leadership Team and HR on all legal implications and potential issues pertaining to the operation of the Company’s business; this includes litigation and related risk management; employment dispute matters; corporate governance issues; HCP compliance issues; intellectual property development, maintenance and protection and government affairs to navigate new legislation while exercising professional discretion
· Serves as the company’s Chief Compliance Officer and Corporate Secretary
· Provides legal advice related to public company reporting and compliance, including SEC rules and regulations and listing standards; handling statutory ﬁlings, managing and advising on corporate governance and disclosure matters; maintain corporate records; routine counseling on corporate governance matters.
· Represents the company on legal matters, influences its policies and governance processes; coordinates and manages outside legal resources
· Provides ongoing support and guidance in the drafting and negotiation of various agreements such as customer sales, consulting, confidentiality, purchase and supply, development, joint venture, business acquisition, strategic alliance, clinical trial, licensing agreements as well as various other legal documents to support the organization.
· Builds, maintains and supervises the Company’s Compliance function and program and oversees the development of policies and procedures, development and delivery of training programs, monitoring our anonymous compliance hotline, conducting internal investigations and including investigating issues and reports
· Reviews the legal processes and identifies, implements process improvements to drive efficiencies in service delivery
· Partners with HR and business leaders to promote understanding of the company’s Code of Conduct and champions Nalu’s corporate values while building an inclusive culture and respectful workplace
· Partners with the HR and Marketing teams to review press releases, external communications materials and internal communication materials to deliver various initiatives and change programs
Juris Doctorate (JD) degree required
· Minimum 15 years of experience leading Legal and Compliance functions
· Medical device, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or health care services industry experiences preferred
· Experience in IPOs, public company legal operations, licensing, supplier and customer contracting
Licensed to practice law in at least one jurisdiction in the United States with eligibility, California in particular