BARBRI Global is a legal education company committed to meeting the needs of law students and attorneys throughout their careers by providing exceptional legal education products, courses, and services to individuals, law schools, law firms, and law- and finance-related businesses. At the core of BARBRI Global is BARBRI Bar Review, which has helped more than 1.3 million lawyers around the world pass a U.S. bar exam. The company also provides specialized ongoing training and certifications in areas such as financial crime prevention, eDiscovery, and cyber awareness, security, and protection. BARBRI, founded in 1967, is a Francisco Partners portfolio company headquartered in Dallas with offices throughout the United States and around the world.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing new and existing print and web-based instructional media materials used to support online teaching and learning. This individual will work closely with the BARBRI Learning team and with outside video editors and proofreaders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a project plan to monitor and track progress
- Identify opportunities for process and quality improvements that promote cost reduction, implement initiatives, and monitor the effectiveness of changes made
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Manage projects based on schedule, scope, and budget
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors on projects
- Conduct administrative duties, such as setting up meetings, handling invoices, and drawing estimates
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Develop reports, spreadsheets, process maps, and other appropriate documents to detail performance and needs
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage and provide user support for project management tool(s), coordinating with IT as needed
Skill & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year experience in project management
- Comfort adopting new software platforms and explaining those platforms to others
- High sense of urgency and attention to detail required
- Effective verbal/written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including OneDrive, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to manage vendor relationships
- Working knowledge of a project management tool such as Jira, Wrike, or Microsoft Project
- Ability to be creative, flexible, and innovative
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple priorities that need to be effectively managed, while maintaining composure and flexibility, adhering to budgets, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
This position is a remote/work-from-home based position but ideally located in or around the Chicago area.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits with competitive pricing. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
BARBRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.