BARBRI, a Francisco Partners portfolio company, is a global learning company dedicated to meeting the legal education and specialized training needs of law students, attorneys and other professionals throughout their careers. BARBRI's success is built upon its unmatched technology and innovative pedagogy, combined with the ability to harness data analytics, behavioral economics, learning science, and more to develop solutions for learners and institutions. Building on the success of its core bar courses, which have helped more than 1.3 million lawyers around the world pass a U.S. bar exam, BARBRI offers a comprehensive suite of learning solutions for higher education institutions and law-related businesses which includes U.S. bar prep, curriculum, assessment, global license preparation, online program management, and professional development. BARBRI, founded in 1967, is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices throughout the United States and around the world.
BARBRI is currently seeking a dynamic individual who is interested in joining a fast-growing, industry leader. The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering payroll, benefits, leaves of absence, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- May oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department.
- May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Some of the processes you may be responsible for include supporting new hire orientation, HR benefits administration (i.e., QEs and OE events), and employee engagement initiatives, as well as employee communications.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include anti-harassment training, diversity & inclusion training, and other subjects as appropriate.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Responsible for all onboarding and off boarding activities and the front-line administration of these processes.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and management, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicates clearly and empathetically both face-to-face and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Strong excel skills required. Specifically, the ability to manipulate and condense large quantities of data into presentable formats is key.
- Prior use of MS Teams is a plus.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least 3 years of human resource experience in a Generalist role is preferred.
- Exposure or experience facilitating Mergers & Acquisitions is a plus.
- PHR or SHRM-CP is preferred.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation package, including but not limited to an extensive benefits package featuring generous paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
BARBRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
BARBRI is dedicated to improving the lives of people by providing life-changing, high-quality professional instruction and certification to students worldwide. We firmly believe that knowledge transforms everyone everywhere.
We are a committed equal opportunity employer and abide by all fair labor practices. We will ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country (e.g., forced labor, child labor, etc.). We review the policies of our partners and vendors to ensure they are also in compliance with all local, state, or federal laws concerning human rights.