CLS by BARBRI is expanding its business that provides training and graduate education to a broad spectrum of learners in the legal and adjacent markets. We have a sophisticated model that is built on providing learning services to Law Schools and University partners and delivering learning programs to student consumers who wish to enter or advance their careers in the legal industry. We are expanding by increasing the number of Law School and Adult Education partners. We have identified a key position that will help us shape and guide the execution of strategy.
The Enrollment Specialist advises and assists new and returning students as they seek information and eventually enroll in their selected programs. Among other things, the Enrollment Specialist actively provides solutions to students who may need assistance as they navigate the website and landscape of higher education with respect to Continuing Education, job-skills training for the paralegal profession, and the legal industry. During the enrollment process, the Enrollment Specialist creates a caring and supportive environment that puts the student first in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of CLS and partner institutions.
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall recruitment and outreach efforts & counseling to prospective students and registered students to assist CLS in meeting enrollment goals
- Conducts directed follow-up activities and communications for prospective students, and newly admitted students via email, mail, phone, and CRM system.
- Responds daily to information requests acquired through the website and general email.
- Receives all inbound prospective student phone calls.
- General program administrative support as needed.
- Provides admissions counseling and academic planning advice to prospective students, and newly admitted students via email, telephone, video conferencing, and mail.
- Facilitates informational inquiries and admission of students by working closely with other CLS departments.
- Exercises professional judgment to interpret CLS policies to advise prospective and new students about enrollment, transferability of skills gained in various programs, CLS policies, all available alternative funding sources, financial aid process, scholarships, program requirements, registration, tuition classification, and available student support services.
- Other duties and projects, as required
- Associate degree in business or related area of study or equivalent or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in education sales or e-learning sales preferred
- Experience working with a diverse, multicultural, and socio-economic student population.
- Experience providing high-quality customer service through phone and email interactions with clients, customers, or students.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as tuition and required materials (books, etc.).
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
- Exceptional people and telephone skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, while maintaining a courteous and pleasant attitude towards the students, families, and institutional partners.
- Ability to adapt to various job duties and focus quickly.
- Able to learn and use admission software, along with other Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams & PowerPoint)
- Proven data-entry skills (WPM 55+ with high accuracy)
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and policies related to student records and information systems; (FERPA Trained)
The above information on this position has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.