The Customer Service Specialist for Professional and Graduate Studies will support online courses delivered by iLaw, BARBRI Innovations, and CLS for partner schools as well as ACEDS training and certification programs. This position will act as a liaison, resolve emerging problems with accuracy, efficiency and professional demeanor, and provide product/service information to students, faculty and partner schools. Duties will include responding to and resolving customer inquiries, processing orders, preparing correspondence, providing technical support for LMS and course delivery platforms for both students and faculty, maintaining high customer satisfaction and ensuring excellent service standards.
- Resolve customer, product or service problems via phone, email, chat, etc.
- Clarify customer complaint/issue/need
- Analyze cause of problem
- Select, explain, and implement best solution
- Expedite solution
- Ensure resolution with time limits
- Maintain appropriate and consistent communications and processes with schools, faculty, and students.
- Resolve course access and LMS tech issues escalating to appropriate department where needed.
- Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Keep records of customer interactions, process/update customer accounts, gather customer feedback
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls and emails
- Act as and advise student help desk staff to ensure that student, faculty, and partner school questions are responded to in a timely and accurate manner to ensure student success and satisfaction
- Availability to address issues that may arise off-hours, most specifically during final exam periods
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years experience in the online or higher education customer service environment including call center; learning management systems; student services; and quality assurance
- Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and active listening
- Passion for learning, student success and customer satisfaction required
- Proven customer support experience
- Requires the ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; to interpret a variety of instructions or inquiries furnished in written and/or oral form; to acquire knowledge of topics related to program
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Experience with online educational programs and LMS programs is preferred
Expected Hours of Work and Benefits
This is a full-time position: 40 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m Central. Occasional evening work may be required as job duties demand. Lunch break is 1 hour daily.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation package, including but not limited to an extensive benefits package featuring generous paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. BARBRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**This position will be available as "work-from-home" and preference will be for candidates located in either the eastern or pacific time zones.