The BARBRI Group companies meet the legal education needs of law students and attorneys throughout their careers and work to improve legal and professional learning by providing superior opportunities for law schools, law firms and law- and finance-related businesses. At the core of The BARBRI Group Companies is BARBRI Bar Review, which has helped more than 1.3 million lawyers around the world pass a U.S. bar exam. The company also provides online J.D., post-J.D. and international programs for U.S. law schools, and specialized ongoing training and certifications in areas such as financial crime prevention, eDiscovery, and cyber awareness, security and protection. The BARBRI Group, founded in 1967, is a Leeds Equity Partners portfolio company headquartered in Dallas with offices throughout the United States and around the world.
The successful candidate will demonstrate continuous success in developing and closing new revenue contracts through Institutional Sales activity in the higher education market. Significant senior sales experience and a demonstrable record of over-performance in the higher education field where learning is provided as a service is imperative. Knowledge of the Legal field is preferred, but not essential as a higher premium will be placed on a successful record of finding, developing, and closing complex learning solution contracts in the C suite. This individual must embody the “hunter” profile but be equally adept at working with a team of domain experts that have significant and valuable technical expertise. This position will be measured solely on new institutional contracts signed. The candidate must have a strong bias for developing new sales in complex decision environments and a strong affinity for working cross-functionally; must be creative, tenacious, and a decisive problem solver that works effectively under pressure managing multiple projects. This is a sell what’s in the box position in a market that is largely greenfield.
- Develop and execute Institutional new business account strategy.
- Develop target strategy based on characteristics of which client types are most likely to buy.
- Execute a C suite access and awareness campaign, focusing on the solutions areas in the Barbri Law School B2B portfolio
- Make time/effort decisions on which targets to pursue and develop proactive decision and influence tactics to move to close.
- Within each account leverage the domain expertise of different Barbri executives. Work collaboratively to position and sell value – but be the leader on the sales process and decision management.
- Navigate the terms to contract process where the Institutional commitment is a multi-year contract with an over seven-figure lifetime value.
- Develop and maintain an opportunity pipeline of x5 annual signings goal based on stringent “stage of sale” criteria. Be accountable for accurate forecasting.
First 90-day Priorities:
- Orient to Barbri Institutional current client portfolio – specific focus on high value/high profile solutions.
- Digest the Barbri Institutional solutions set – Online Legal Education: Hybrid JD (OPM) and JD Curriculum and BarPrep data, curriculum and bar passage solutions.
- Understand intimately the revenue and business models that underpin each type of deal.
- Develop and execute executive outreach activity to all target accounts.
- Create account plans for all a target accounts that focuses solely on delivering Institutional multi-year contracts.
- Work with account management team to understand existing Online (OPM) and Bar Prep institutional relationship dynamics.
- Work with Managing Director and Market Business Analyst to create performance and forecasting metrics.