BARBRI, Inc. (“BARBRI” or the “Company”), is the premier provider of practical legal education in the U.S. and international markets. Through its diversified product offering, BARBRI addresses the education and training needs of law students, law schools, practicing legal and legal support professionals, and law firms. BARBRI’s comprehensive solution offering spans the entire legal education lifecycle. BARBRI offers the “Gold Standard” in Bar Review with universal brand recognition and leading market position, highly effective preparation programs for incoming law school students, leading curriculum and online courses for colleges, universities and law schools, a suite of professional development tools for practicing legal and legal support professionals and content and education programs for international students and institutions. Founded in 1967, BARBRI is headquartered in Dallas with offices throughout the United States and around the world.
The Company’s core product is its flagship bar exam preparation course which serves in excess of 25,000 first-time bar takers per year and has an alumni base of over 1.3 million people. The Company offers the leading bar exam preparation course to law students, taught by world-class instructors with a focus on developing confidence and providing the tools and skills students need to pass the bar exam. BARBRI is widely regarded as the de facto choice of law school students based on reputation and word-of-mouth.
BARBRI is owned and controlled by Leeds Equity Partners, LLC and its co-investors.
Located in the Company’s Dallas, TX corporate office and reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for assisting in month-end close and analytical reporting activities for the business while working closely with operational and financial leaders to enforce controls and assist in effectively managing accounting functions. Specific areas in the Senior Accountant’s purview include:
- Perform duties related to the month-end close, including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements and departmental reports/forecasts
- Provide analysis of revenue and expense variations to budget and prior periods
- Create client invoices and monitor collections
- Run reports from the Company’s database and distribute to management
- Assist with daily treasury management and reporting
- Assist with financial analysis of monthly results and annual budgeting
- Coordinate sales tax calculation and filing with outside sales tax consultants
- Provide backup support to the AP function as needed (enter invoices, process checks, etc.)
- Assist with annual financial statement audit and tax return preparation
- Fulfill special projects and other tasks as requested (e.g., 1099 issuance, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 2+ years of accounting experience; strong revenue recognition experience a plus
- Understanding of GAAP, financial reporting and corporate procedures;
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, with a positive and professional attitude, inquisitive, interested in understanding the business as a whole
- Effective communicator – verbally by phone and in-person, written documentation and emails
- Strong problem-solving skills, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, and data analysis skills
- Proficiency with accounting software, general ledger and reporting systems (Excel, MS Office required; NetSuite preferred)
- Ability to research, review, analyze and understand large amounts of data
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to work effectively across all lines of business (accounting, finance, sales, marketing, operations, IT and others)
- Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects in a time-sensitive, deadline-driven environment
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation package, including but not limited to an extensive benefits package featuring generous paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. BARBRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.