iLaw is part of the BARBRI Group, a legal education company committed to meeting the needs of law students and attorneys throughout their careers by providing exceptional legal education products, courses, and services to individuals, law schools, law firms, and law- and finance-related businesses. At the core of The BARBRI Group companies is BARBRI Bar Review, which has helped more than 1.3 million lawyers around the world pass a U.S. bar exam. The company also provides specialized ongoing training and certifications in areas such as financial crime prevention, eDiscovery, and cyber awareness, security, and protection. The BARBRI Group, founded in 1967, is a Leeds Equity Partners portfolio company headquartered in Dallas with offices throughout the United States and around the world.
iLaw is the leading partner for online J.D., post-J.D., and non-J.D. programs. We work closely with law schools and other higher-ed institutions to create e-learning solutions.
The D2L Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of iLaw’s Brightspace LMS, including the definition and application of company policies and best practices, assisting with training LMS users according to their specific access levels, creating and publishing learning content as assigned, contributing to ongoing system improvements, coordinating resolution of system issues, and assisting instructors with troubleshooting issues in accessing and leveraging learning resources
In order to successfully perform these tasks, an LMS administrator has to perform a large number of activities. Some of the most important duties of an LMS administrator are listed below.
- Creates user logins as needed and assigns user permissions.
- Creates and manages the overall course structure and sets up course programs based on specifications from the instructional designer.
- Publishes and archives online or blended learning solutions and adds and deletes resources.
- Populates course information.
- Manages tracking of course revisions and history.
- Builds online assessments and evaluations in LMS for courses.
- Performs quality reviews in LMS for new course builds to ensure resources and links are active and working.
- Communicates with instructors for update course builds to facilitate minor updates to materials and resources.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance for instructors regarding logging in to the LMS and accessing courses during development.
- Works with the instructional designers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to accessing the LMS and course content.
Skill & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an LMS administrator or similar experience
- Technical skills including troubleshooting and understanding of directory, file structures, and systems
- Ability to collaborate with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical concepts in layman’s terms
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple priorities that need to be effectively managed, while maintaining composure and flexibility, adhering to budgets, and meeting deadlines
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Coursework and/or certifications relating to learning management system administration preferred
- Familiarity with course design and development
- Quality Matters experience
This position can be performed from any location and hours are flexible.