The Center for Legal Studies, founded in 1980 and recently acquired by The BARBRI Group, provides online and classroom legal education through a network of 200 colleges and universities across the US. It focuses on common law and legal training curriculum which is delivered to students via live lecture, online, DVD, and Text-only formats.
The BARBRI Group companies meet the legal education needs of law students and attorneys throughout their careers and work to improve legal and professional learning by providing superior opportunities for law schools, law firms and law- and finance-related businesses. At the core of The BARBRI Group Companies is BARBRI Bar Review, which has helped more than 1.3 million lawyers around the world pass a U.S. bar exam. The company also provides online J.D., post-J.D. and international programs for U.S. law schools, and specialized ongoing training and certifications in areas such as financial crime prevention, eDiscovery, and cyber awareness, security and protection. The BARBRI Group, founded in 1967, is a Leeds Equity Partners portfolio company headquartered in Dallas with offices throughout the United States and around the world.
The successful candidate will demonstrate continuous success in delivering revenue through Business Development activity in a business, industry, and government professional services sector. Significant senior sales/business development experience and a demonstrable record of over-performance in the higher or continuing education field where learning is provided as a service is imperative. Knowledge of the legal field is preferred, but not essential as a higher premium will be placed on a successful record of delivering high value through multi-year revenue-generating partnerships with professional organizations. Also essential are the abilities to think strategically and set priorities and customer-facing sales plans using market-based data to achieve over goal results. This individual must have a bias for action, a bias for growth of both sales and profit and an affinity for working cross-functionally; must be decisive and independent and work well under pressure. Must know how to align in the box solutions to a win-win customer outcome.
- Develop targeted partner opportunities with organizations and businesses within the legal professional training, legal certification, and graduate law degree market. Execute B2B2C sales plan with a clear line of sight to leverage institutional endorsement and consumer pay models.
- Create and execute a market development plan that delivers new and repeatable revenue growth from B2B partnerships that endorse and/or promote the company’s legal professional training and legal certification programs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and strategic partners. Provide formal and informal market feedback.
- Maintain accurate account opportunity tracking that focuses on deal confidence and the timing of booked sales and revenue in the client relationship management system.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to travel extensively as required by the role,
- Excellent educational institutions, and/or law firm contacts desirable.
- Outstanding presentation and speaking skills. Proven experience in public speaking is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field.
- 5+ years of experience selling continuing education and higher education where the primary consumer is an adult learner, in a high paced, competitive environment.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation package, including but not limited to an extensive benefits package featuring generous paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
BARBRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.