At BARBRI, we believe that every student deserves the most effective educational experience possible. For over 50 years, we have helped aspiring lawyers pass the bar exam, and do better in Law School. We believe that advances in the behavioral and learning sciences, coupled with emerging technology, offers an opportunity to create amazing learning opportunities for the students we serve. Our technology team is a group of seasoned professionals, passionate about building the learning technology of the future.
We are looking for a dedicated Software Support Engineer with a proven strong front-end focus to join the team that is responsible for supporting innovative learning products in legal education markets.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design code development, and testing
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Prioritize support and strategic priorities into daily actionable plans for the team
- Design and implement performance and operational enhancements
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases
- Develop, support and document technical designs for application development.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
- Open problem tickets when code issues are identified and work with the Dev team to define requirements for the fix
- Working with the offshore teams to determine root cause and develop and test workarounds
- Providing knowledge transfer that may help the offshore to understand the issue/root cause whenever possible
- Strong communication skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Participate in efforts to continually improve team processes.
- Help with other projects, as needed
Required Experience and Skills
- Java full stack, Spring framework, SQL databases, REST and SOAP web services and microservice models, Docker, Git.
- Relevant development experience is preferred.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- 4-year degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience using Dev Ops systems like Jenkins, Jira, various automated testing stacks.
- Experience with Azure portal services such as App Services, Functions, Hubspot, and Dynamics.
- Solid experience implementing or supporting Docker containers and container orchestration platforms (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS).
- Experience with Agile software development practices (specifically Kanban) & ability to contribute to sprint ceremonies such as Refinement, Planning, Review, Retrospectives
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to document technical content
BARBRI will not be sponsoring applicants for employment authorization for this position.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
BARBRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.