iLaw is the leading partner for online J.D., post-J.D. and non-J.D. programs. We work closely with law schools and other higher-ed institutions to create e-learning solutions.
The Instructional Designer will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing new and existing web-based instructional media materials used to support online teaching and learning. This individual will conceptualize and storyboard instructionally sound, interactive, engaging web-based course components and build these components using e-learning authoring tools for delivery to learners. This individual will work closely with the iLaw Instructional Design team and with faculty at our partner schools.
iLaw is part of BARBRI Global, a legal education company committed to meeting the needs of law students and attorneys throughout their careers by providing exceptional legal education products, courses, and services to individuals, law schools, law firms, and law- and finance-related businesses. At the core of BARBRI Global is BARBRI Bar Review, which has helped more than 1.3 million lawyers around the world pass a U.S. bar exam. The company also provides specialized ongoing training and certifications in areas such as financial crime prevention and eDiscovery. BARBRI, founded in 1967, is a Fransisco Partners portfolio company headquartered in Dallas with offices throughout the United States and around the world.
This is an independent contractor opportunity with a 20-40-hour weekly commitment required. Salary range commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in instructional design for online education
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Strong e-learning authoring tool skills (e.g., Articulate, Adobe Photoshop and Captivate, Audacity, Camtasia, Vyond, etc.)
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Photoshop and Premier Pro
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong graphic design skills
- Experience in learning management systems with knowledge of accessibility standards
- Ability to be creative, flexible, and innovative in course design
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, adhere to budgets, and meet deadlines
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new technology, including content management systems, project management software, and other electronic platforms
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or related field is preferred
- A law degree or experience in legal education or higher education is a plus
- Experience with video/audio editing tools is a plus