The BARBRI Group companies, although different in those we serve, are connected in purpose. We believe in the power of education to enable people to achieve and do more, to realize personal ambitions and to create life-changing opportunities.
The Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists, a BARBRI Professional Association, provides assessment, training, and tools to dramatically increase eDiscovery and financial competence for attorneys and those who serve them,
ACEDS is seeking an individual wanting to break into sales to support our rapid growth and incoming demand for certification and training. ACEDS management will invest in extensive training to create a path for success for the right person. Positive, self-starters with a service orientation are encouraged to apply.
The Business Development Specialist works directly with the ACEDS sales, marketing and operations team to manage key lead-generating, tactical responsibilities. The Business Development Specialist must understand the overall company goals, adhere to the company values, and be a leader in supporting the continued growth of the company.
- Responsible for working/converting leads provided by Marketing.
- Responsible for generating and converting strategic leads through referrals
- Conducting sales presentations to prospects (phone call and web meetings).
- Create a pipeline of sales appointments and collaborate with the senior sales team and subject matter experts.
- Work closely with the operations team to establish the new client accounts and ensure a smooth transition.
- Provide management with ongoing sales reports and conversion stats.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be willing to travel to conferences, as needed.
- Outstanding presentation and speaking skills, including presenting to senior executives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Negotiation – the successful individual will know how to decisively handle an objection and convert prospects into sales.
- Project Management – demonstrated skills to lead a cross-functional team to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication—the individual must be able to create professionally written correspondence and edits one’s own work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Financial Acumen—the individual possesses a basic knowledge of math.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- 1 year of sales or related business experience would be best
- Associates degree with a business, technical or writing concentration or some college class work is minimum
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- JD or paralegal certificate would be a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary and variable incentive compensation is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive full-suite healthcare package is also offered. We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. The BARBRI Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.