At BARBRI, we believe that every student deserves the most effective educational experience possible. For over 50 years, we have helped aspiring lawyers pass the bar exam, and do better in Law School. We believe that advances in the behavioral and learning sciences, coupled with emerging technology, offers an opportunity to create amazing learning opportunities for the students we serve. Our technology team is a group of seasoned professionals, passionate about building the learning technology of the future.
Currently, we are looking for junior and mid-level Java Engineers who are interested in making the world a better place. We value ability and skills over education and experience. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a team building the next generation of online learning platforms we would love to hear from you.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, implement and maintain full stack applications in every lifecycle phase, including UX interfaces, Web applications, and APIs, integrations with other applications and systems, data models, and data model transformations.
- Take part in planning, story definition and grooming, architectural, implementation, and release activities within an agile team.
- Develop and document technical designs for application development.
- Strong communication skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Participate in efforts to continually improve team processes.
Ideal Skill Sets
- Java full stack, Spring framework, relational databases and REST web services and microservice models, Docker, Git.
- Front-end HTML5, CSS, Java Script, JQuery, Angular, AJAX, JSON.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Experience using Dev Ops systems like Jenkins, Jira, various automated testing stacks.
- Experience with Azure portal services such as App Services, Functions, Data Factory, Event Hubs.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
BARBRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.