The BARBRI Group is committed to meeting the needs of law students and attorneys throughout their careers by providing exceptional legal education products, courses, and services to individuals, law schools, law firms and law- and finance-related businesses. At the core of The BARBRI Group Companies is BARBRI Bar Review, which has helped more than 1.3 million lawyers around the world pass a U.S. bar exam. The company also provides online J.D., post-J.D. and international programs for U.S. law schools, and specialized ongoing training and certifications in areas such as financial crime prevention, eDiscovery and cyber awareness, security and protection. The BARBRI Group, founded in 1967, is a Leeds Equity Partners portfolio company headquartered in Dallas with offices throughout the United States and around the world.
This is an entry-level, full-time legal writing/editing position leading to responsibilities as a subject matter expert for a multinational company focusing on legal education. This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of legal education and create innovative learning products. Working closely with senior staff, the successful candidate will undertake extensive training in assigned areas of law and then begin researching, writing, designing, and updating digital and print content geared primarily to the bar review and law school markets.
Chicago Loop office location with the opportunity to work remotely part of the time. Normal office hours; extra hours may occasionally be required to meet deadlines. Pay is competitive within the legal education industry.
- Develop and maintain academic expertise in specific subject areas of course curriculum
- Create new instructional materials for online and classroom course, including (but not limited to) outlines, texts, practice questions, scripts, and graphics
- Perform research to update existing content
- Organize content within various electronic platforms
- Work with law school faculty to ensure content is up-to-date and consistent
- Address content-related inquiries from customers as needed
- Monitor trends in the legal education field
Skill & Education Requirements:
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and a strong academic record
- Strong legal research and writing skills
- Ability to interpret, organize, and explain detailed legal material
- Solid editorial judgment and strong attention to detail (including an eye for consistency and the ability to adapt to house style)
- Willingness to learn new technology, including content management systems, project management software, and other electronic platforms
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team
- English or Journalism degree, or significant writing experience
- A knack for proofreading
- Experience with e-learning and/or content management systems, or strong technology skills in general
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits with competitive pricing. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.