Location: Chicago, will consider remote for the right person. US Based
At BARBRI, we believe that every student deserves the most effective educational experience possible. We believe that advances in the behavioral and learning sciences, coupled with emerging technology, offers an opportunity to create amazing learning opportunities for the students we serve. In this role, you will help us improve online teaching and learning using sound instructional systems design principles, coupled with our unique research-driven adaptive approach. The Senior Instructional Designer will join a team of highly creative subject matter and instructional technology experts with entrepreneurial drive and commitment.
- Work to bring a unified approach to content and product development across blended delivery streams including digital and print.
- Lead a grow a blended team of instructional and interactive designers. Teach SMEs on best practices in producing interactive, engaging content for blended delivery.
- Work with the content development team to build a practice around learning object reusability and production automation from our CMS for both print and digital delivery.
- Design, develop, update and maintain adaptive learning content using agile and continuous release development models.
- Work closely with our product innovation team to lead internal and external clients through an adaptive learning engagement from kick-off on through user acceptance testing, providing consultancy, leadership, creativity, and expertise.
- Deliver strategic e-learning consulting services for internal BARBRI stakeholders as well as a broad range of clients in higher education. Topics may include, but not limited to: and course design, template development with an emphasis on blended delivery, interactive and effective student engagement.
- Track and report project progress to senior management.
- Develop and manage effective processes for instructional design and content development.
- Engage in change management with Subject Matter Experts and faculty decision-makers
- Bachelor's degree; preferably in art/design, behavioral or learning science, educational technology, instructional technology, MIS, computer science, information technology or comparable technical/educational discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in designing and developing online instructional materials. 5+ years experience with Adobe suite with a special emphasis on scripting/automation within tools like Illustrator, InDesign or Photoshop. Experience designing and developing for multiple delivery methodologies, and with industry-standard e-learning authoring and delivery tools.
- Advance knowledge of Adult Learning principles and online teaching/learning methodology, including knowledge and understanding of applying usability and web accessibility issues in developing online content.
- Working experience with XML
- Seasoned, flexible and energetic team player ready to support and contribute to a fast-paced development and delivery team.
- A motivated, results-oriented self-starter with a successful track record and commitment to teamwork and customer service.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, problem-solving, analysis, design, and testing skills.
- Experience coordinating and managing multiple, concurrent projects, with the ability to manage expectations effectively when handling priorities with competing deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a geographically distributed virtual team environment and build relationships with internal and external organizations.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Experience with adaptive learning technologies and approach.
- Experience in online course content development for Higher Education institutions.
- Prior teaching experience.
- Video/Audio/Animation experience.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits with competitive pricing. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. BARBRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.