BARBRI believes in one simple but powerful idea. Knowledge transforms everyone, everywhere.
For over 50 years, BARBRI has offered the nation’s leading bar review course, helping over 1.3 million students make the transition from law student to lawyer. Today BARBRI is a fast-growing company that does much more than bar review. With offices on four continents, BARBRI offers certifications in e-discovery and financial crimes prevention as well as professional development for practicing attorneys.
The Director of Legal Education (DLE) is, in many ways, the face of BARBRI bar review. Successful DLE’s are curious and knowledgeable about the law and bar exams, enjoy leading and motivating student reps, exhibit true attention to detail, thrive in a competitive environment and have a passion for helping students succeed.
Lead student sales representatives
• Identify motivated students to be a part of the BARBRI team
• Train all Student Representatives on what our brand and the bar exam are about, how to talk about BARBRI and our products, how to engage students, etc.
• Train the Student Reps. how to use our CRM systems
• Work with the student rep force to ensure that tabling, promotions, and events are successful
• Manage student sales reps by holding them accountable for activity, outreach, and enrollments.
Identify, target and enroll students
• Actively work with the reps to know the status of every student and act accordingly
• Visit campuses regularly
• Demonstrate the benefits and features of the #1 bar review course
Provide extraordinary service to enrolled students and their law schools
• Be well known as a primary source of knowledge about bar exams
• Respond promptly and accurately to questions and requests
• Support students during the summer and winter bar review courses
o Answer substantive and study questions from students
o Assist with essay grading and tutoring as needed
• Develop relationships with and serve as a resource to law school faculty and administration
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be willing to travel extensively, as needed, to assigned law schools.
• Outstanding presentation and speaking skills. Proven experience in public speaking is a plus.
• The successful candidate must have the ability to create sales strategies and execute according to plan to reach revenue goals.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods, and techniques.
• Ability to understand and learn new technologies regularly.
• Successfully manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
• Juris Doctor is highly preferred. MS, MBA is a plus,
• Passed a bar exam is highly preferred
• 1-2 years of experience selling in a fast-paced, competitive environment required
• 1-2 years of management experience, preferably in a sales role would be preferred
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits with competitive pricing. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. BARBRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.