iLaw, a BARBRI Company, is building a new and innovative Enrollment Services Team with exciting growth opportunities! We are looking for entrepreneurial and dynamic professionals driven by the mission of making education more accessible to improve lives. Here’s your chance to have an immediate impact and join a mission-driven team that’s growing quickly and partnering with prestigious law schools to bring online innovation to legal education. We’re looking for smart, articulate, and innovative problems solvers to be the foundation of a great team that’s primed for growth.
The Retention Specialist (RS) will deliver best-in-class concierge-level student retention service layers to help new students start programs smoothly, have a great continuing experience and graduate on time. The RS will deliver retention services to achieve the student success goals for each of their assigned programs.
The RS will onboard new students to ensure they become successful online learners via phone, social media outreach, webinar/live chat operation, SMS text and email. The RS provides outstanding customer service around 1:1 onboarding orientation to new students to ensure they have proper access and feel confident navigating their learning online program. Excellent communication skills and technical skills with the ability to listen and build strong and trusting relationships throughout the entire student’s life-cycle is key.
- Provide a high-touch, concierge-level onboarding experience to introduce new students to their online programs
- Provide tier one technical and customer support
- Quickly become a program subject-matter-expert through continuous process and product knowledge improvement, while representing universities and supporting new and continuing students
- Deliver retention contact strategies and build a supportive relationship with students
- Provide reminder services to keep students on track and help them stay engaged
- Hold students accountable to enrollment process and deadlines
- Provide information to students regarding the availability of classes; registration deadlines and class participation status
- Encourage students to sign up for future courses in the program and graduate early
- Perform all functions while complying with all relevant rules and regulations, including Department of Education Incentive Based Compensation rules and FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) regulations
- Track all retention activity on a daily basis and show progress towards goals
- Capture student feedback to help improve the student experience
- Meet or exceed stated retention goals for assigned partner schools
- Participate in staff meetings and training sessions
- Share innovative ideas and insights to help the team grow and provide a better overall learning experience through the entire student life-cycle
- Help build a culture that’s genuine, proactive, effective and fun
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred or commensurate work experience in student retention or customer service
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in student services and retention, preferably in a position focused on graduate higher education recruitment, partnership development, and customer service
- Great phone personality voice matched with a genuine motivation to help students succeed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills via phone, text, and email.
- Ability to be adaptable in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Goal oriented and competitive, setting and achieving, personal and team goals.
- Strong expertise with MS Office, specifically Word and Excel, efficient in learning new software.
- Experience with social media campaigns to drive results
- Ability to connect quickly and authentically with people from a variety of different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible
- Flexibility to be available when students need support and are available to talk (evenings and some weekends)
For more information, please visit:and
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
BARBRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.