At BARBRI, we believe that every student deserves the most effective educational experience possible. We believe that advances in the behavioral and learning sciences, coupled with emerging technology, offers an opportunity to create amazing learning opportunities for the students we serve. In this role, you will be responsible for product management and the process that takes products from inception, through design, build, launch, growth, and enhancement. You will lead a talented team of Subject Matter Experts, instructional designers and others to produce research driven, world-class education products. You will have a strong background in product management, project management, and online learning. You will have experience in launching new products under tight deadlines while ensuring quality.
- Lead the development and execution of new products.
- Determine strategic priorities for the product development organization that are consistent with and support business unit strategies and goals.
- Ensure that every function in the product development organization is led by a unified and cohesive vision and shared priorities.
- Ensure that product development resources are allocated in line with the overall business strategy to products/technologies and business units.
- Oversee product pipelines and development efforts for the company and determine priorities in case of conflicts.
- Establish governance, policies, processes, and communication to deliver reliable products within cost targets and with schedule predictability.
- Establish sound product development methodologies and procedures for conducting research, conceptualization, design, prototyping, etc. across the entire product development department.
- Build technical and process excellence in each key area of product development.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the product development department as well as in our abilities to deliver products and solutions that create exceptional customer experiences.
- Ensure that products are delivered on time and on budget.
- Work with the content development team to build a practice around learning object reusability and production automation from our CMS for both print and digital delivery.
- Design, develop, update and maintain adaptive learning content using agile and continuous release development models.
- Work closely with our product innovation team to lead internal and external clients through an adaptive learning engagement from kick-off on through user acceptance testing, providing consultancy, leadership, creativity, and expertise.
- Deliver strategic e-learning consulting services for internal BARBRI stakeholders as well as a broad range of clients in higher education. Topics may include, but not limited to: and course design, template development with an emphasis on blended delivery, interactive and effective student engagement.
- Track and report project progress to executive management.
- Bachelor's degree; preferably in project/product management, behavioral or learning science, educational technology, instructional technology, MIS, computer science, information technology or comparable technical/educational discipline or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of professional experience in designing and developing online instructional products.
- Advance knowledge of Adult Learning principles and online teaching/learning methodology, including knowledge and understanding of applying usability and web accessibility issues in developing online content.
- Experience with mapping learning outcomes and activities to curricula and credit hours.
- Seasoned, flexible and energetic team player ready to support and contribute to a fast-paced development and delivery team.
- A motivated, results-oriented self-starter with a successful track record and commitment to teamwork and customer service.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, problem-solving, analysis, design and testing skills.
- Experience coordinating/managing multiple, concurrent projects, with the ability to manage expectations effectively when handling priorities with competing deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a geographically distributed virtual team environment and build relationships with internal and external organizations.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Experience with adaptive learning technologies and approach.
- Experience in online course content development for Higher Education institutions.
- Prior teaching experience.
- Video/Audio/Animation experience.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits with competitive pricing. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
The BARBRI Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.