Do you want to help shape the future as our business expands? Do you love making technology that changes lives? At BARBRI, we believe that advances in the behavioral and learning sciences, coupled with emerging technology, offers a chance to create amazing learning opportunities for the students we serve. Our technology team is a group of top-tier professionals, passionate about building the learning technology of the future
For over 50 years, we have helped aspiring lawyers pass the bar exam, and do better in Law School. Every student deserves the most effective educational experience possible. With your help, we can make that happen.
We are looking for a full stack Java Engineer with a proven strong front-end focus to join a team responsible for building creative learning products in legal education markets.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, implement and maintain full stack applications in every lifecycle phase, including UX interfaces, Web applications and APIs, integrations with other applications and systems, data models, and data model transformations.
- Take part in planning, story definition and grooming, architectural, implementation, and release activities within an agile team.
- Develop and document technical designs for application development.
- Strong communication skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Participate in efforts to continually improve team processes.
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering is required.
- Java full stack, Spring framework, SQL databases, SOAP and REST web services and microservice models, Docker, Git.
- Extensive front-end HTML5, CSS, Java Script, JQuery, Angular, AJAX, JSON.
- 5+ years of relevant development experience is preferred.
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Experience using Dev Ops systems like Jenkins, Jira, various automated testing stacks.
- Experience with Azure portal services such as App Services, Functions, Data Factory, Event Hubs.