iLaw is the leading partner for online J.D., post-J.D. and non-J.D. programs. We work closely with law schools and other higher-ed institutions to create solutions that build on each school’s strengths while taking on the tasks that allow our partners to concentrate on the academics.
The Director for Graduate Programs is responsible for the launch and management of online Non-JD Programs delivered by iLaw/BARBRI Innovations for third-party partners, including law schools. This position will oversee the execution with assigned programs, ensuring the highest quality online course offerings and unparalleled student experience.
Duties will start after contract signing through the life of the collaboration with a partner. Current partners are mostly US law schools, though future collaborations are envisioned with foreign law schools, as well as domestic and foreign academic institutions and businesses. The director should lead a collaboration of iLaw staff working toward outcomes in areas including regulatory, instructional design, marketing, operations, recruitment, enrollment management, and retention.
- Program and partner management for assigned online/e-Learning Non-JD (LL.M., non-lawyer Masters, and Certificate) courses/programs.
- Setting a detailed schedule for tasks involved in building and running the online courses/programs, including timelines and milestones, and ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Coordinating tasks of all personnel working on online programs, including acquiescence and accreditation, marketing, recruitment, instructional design, and operations.
- Creating data-driven goals and metrics for continuous improvement.
- Setting annual expense budgets and meeting EBITDA goals for his or her programs
- Organizing, facilitating and conducting weekly calls with key stakeholders and partner personnel working on programs.
- Assisting partners in setting curriculum and schedules.
- Overseeing the administration of student exams, including focusing on exam security as well as a seamless experience for students.
- Coordinating with the retention team to ensure that faculty, partner, and student questions are responded to in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analyzing the current technology infrastructure and scope out the next level of information technology and systems that support the growth of specific programs and the organization overall.
- Ongoing programs’ oversight, including working with the Enrollment Services team to ensure enrollment goals are met
- Collaborating with Enrollment Services team to onboard new cohorts and ensuring courses are updated for current starts
- Availability to address student issues that arise after regular business hours.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD and or Master’s Degree or Project Management educational training preferred.
- 5+ years experience in the online and higher education environment including OPM (online program management); partner management; tuition/program budgeting; accreditation; program build-out; learning management systems; student services; and quality assurance.
- Ability to engage, collaborate, and provide thought leadership to drive operational excellence with partner school leadership at the Dean and faculty level
- Strong verbal and written communications skills needed to represent the quality of our law school partners
- Experience with the development and management of online programs and partners is preferred.
- Requires the ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; to interpret a variety of instructions or inquiries furnished in written and/or oral form; to acquire knowledge of topics related to the program.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible.
- Professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
- Available for limited travel.
For more information, please visit:and
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Position location: Although this position is posted in Chicago, IL, other applicants are welcome to apply as well.
BARBRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.