With over 50 years’ experience and one million students, BARBRI is the #1 provider of Bar Review courses and law school support. BARBRI is a fast-growing global company that provides prospective and current law students and lawyers with access to legal education materials through a variety of rich Java media environments and platforms using cutting edge technologies.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of IT, this individual will have primary responsibility for architecting, deploying, managing and maintaining the Linux Azure cloud infrastructure for BARBRI. This person will also support the SQL dba in the day to day database changes as well as supporting the rest of the Systems team where needed.
This job involves supporting the full range of activities necessary to deliver services on an end-to-end basis, which will include working with vendors to develop and implement new systems and architecture, deployment of new systems and software, providing holistic 24x7x365 support to our customers and business partners, and develop methods and procedures that enhance our operational support posture.
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of all Linux based servers and Docker container Swarms.
- Administer Java Software Stack running in a Containerized Linux/Tomcat environment.
- Is the main resource for supporting and monitoring the Linux environment as well as testing and troubleshooting of software and hardware problems in the environment.
- Responsible for supporting the 3rd party SQL dba service and performing basic SQL tasks.
- As part of the infrastructure team, analyze cloud architecture implementations and make recommendations regarding security, network design and storage utilization.
- Work with the team to automate management tasks, streamline processes and perform standard administration functions as needed. SALT Stack experience a plus.
- Preferred Technologies:
- Linux (Centos)
- Docker Swarm
- Microsoft SQL Enterprise or SQL as a Service
- Monitoring tools (Dynatrace preferred)
- Storage/Blob experience
- Experience with Apache or Apache Tomcat
- SALT Stack automation
- Performance Tuning - solve the root problem not 'add another server and that might fix it' mentality
- Tuning/Network Connectivity
- Own the platform and help identify/solve issues
- At least 3 years of Linux systems administration and/or Docker Container experience, performance tuning, and troubleshooting experience in a large-scale (100+ servers), customer-facing, high availability environment.
- Any experience with Microsoft SQL.
- Any experience supporting large-scale database applications, clear understanding of databases and ability to write simple SQL queries.
- Any experience with Pulse load balancers
- Automating tasks with SALT Stack
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies a plus
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Good technical problem solving and interpersonal skills necessary to assist others in problem resolution.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented team player with a great attitude.
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. BARBRI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.