iLaw, a BARBRI company, is the leading partner for online J.D., post-J.D., and non-J.D. programs. We work closely with law schools and other universities to create solutions that build on each school’s strengths while taking on tasks that allow our partners to concentrate on the academics. The Director of Online JD Programs is responsible for the online courses developed and delivered to higher ed clients.
Duties will include creating a streamlined implementation plan for every new and/or existing program, working with faculty to ensure proper course coverage and student response, working with the clients to ensure effective programs, prep for launching each program, and operation of both asynchronous and synchronous online courses delivered to students from multiple law schools simultaneously. Works with schools throughout the program to measure effectiveness, student success, and secure program renewals, as well as potential new programs with each partner.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Setting each term’s catalog of courses including recommendations of new courses based on school demand and professor availability
• Working with professors and monitors to ensure proper preparation, student engagement, appropriate learning, and academic results, as well as assessing teaching ability
• Interact with partner schools regarding grading policies, student discrepancies, academic performance, and more
• Prepping, validating, and confirming proper course delivery by managing appropriate and consistent communications and processes with schools, professors, and students.
• Overseeing and facilitating student exam periods, including focusing on exam security as well as a seamless experience for students
• Ensuring courses are compliant with relevant regulations, regional accrediting bodies, and especially the ABA
• Creating timelines and action plans for student recruitment and registration, enrollment, orientation, retention, support and quality assurance; establishing and executing best practices for evaluations and feedback.
• Advising help desk staff and assisting to ensure that faculty, partner school, and student questions are responded to in a timely and accurate manner to ensure student success and satisfaction
• Negotiating and finalizing contracts for instructors and schools
• Coordinating with the instructional design team on course design, course monitoring, and content adjustments
• Creating data-driven goals and metrics for continuous improvement
• Facilitate and assist in activities that drive revenue and manage expense budgets to meet goals
• Availability to address issues that arise on nights and weekends, especially during law school final exam periods
• Juris Doctor degree is required
• 5+ years experience in the online and higher education environment including program management; tuition/program budgeting; accreditation; program build-out; learning management systems; student services; and quality assurance
• Passion for learning and student success required
• Experience in or with a law school Dean’s office is preferred
• Experience with online educational programs is required
• Requires the ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; to interpret a variety of instructions or inquiries furnished in written and/or oral form; to acquire knowledge of topics related to program
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible
• Professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required
For more information, please visit: https://www.ilawventures.com/ and https://www.barbri.com/
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Position location: Although this position is posted in Chicago, IL, other applicants are welcome to apply as well.