Title: Marketing Associate
Location: Los Angeles, New York or Remote
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Marketing & Creative
☒ Full-time or ☐ Part-time
☒ Exempt or ☐ Non-exempt
We are Praedicat, a funded InsurTechp headquartered in Los Angeles, with additional offices in New York and London. Our business is helping other businesses make the world cleaner, safer and healthier, and we do it with a foundation deeply rooted in science, technology, analytics and a business-minded approach to client service. We deliver innovative new predictive models that use cutting edge quantitative analytics and technologies to help our clients future-proof their business. Our people are our greatest assets, and we enjoy a unique and special culture that thrives on hard work, being kind and staying curious. If that sounds like you, read on.
· Making a difference: Our products deliver data from peer-reviewed science into the workflow of businesses, empowering our clients to make better decisions that result in cleaner technologies, safer products, a healthier environment while driving profitable and sustainable growth. That’s making a difference.
· Multidisciplinary collaboration: We believe in collegiality and multidisciplinary collaboration. We work really well together even though our areas of expertise vary dramatically. We leave our egos at the door because when we listen to understand, rather than to respond, we learn from each other and build off each other’s ideas. And that leads to solutions.
· Hard problems and cutting-edge technologies: What’s the next asbestos? Imagine if you could answer that billion-dollar question. How might you use that knowledge? How many lives would be saved? When you are tackling hard problems and trying to answer hard questions, you employ every tool in your tool kit…and our tool kit is chock-full of cutting-edge technology like artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data manipulation…and heart.
We are looking to hire a Marketing Associate who will report to the SVP, Marketing & Creative. The ideal candidate will have a desire to apply and grow his or her skills related to a broad range of marketing and support activities. To be successful, this person will also be expected to develop an understanding of Praedicat’s clients and proprietary analytics.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with SVP, Marketing & Creative, on all aspects of creating and managing marketing campaigns
- Serve as social media manager, with activities including:
- Develop and implement social media campaigns over multiple platforms
- Draft copy content for social media posts
- Monitor social media account activity
- Research social media trends and offer ideas for social media strategy
- Maintain Praedicat’s website and implement updates to the website using WordPress and any other required tools
- Analyze and report regularly on Praedicat’s marketing data/analytics
- Coordinate all aspects of webinars and other marketing events
- Support in the planning of, and coordinate multiple facets of, external and internal events, workshops and conferences
- Maintain event-related calendars
- Oversee roster of vendors who contribute to the success of Praedicat’s marketing efforts
- Support Client team
- Facilitate outward client communications such as release notes, client surveys and email campaigns for new and existing users and clients
- Manage Claritysoft CRM sales forecast and pipeline reporting
- Support client-related processes such as user administration, usage reporting, contract management and other client-related activities
- Support travel booking and expense report submission if requested
- Produce marketing and sales reports for meetings of Praedicat’s Board of Directors
- Organize and archive all marketing inventory and collateral
- Maintain and update systems including Claritysoft CRM, ZenDesk and network directories
· Bachelor’s degree or minimum 5 years prior experience
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
· Self-directed with a demonstrable high degree of initiative
· Excellent problem solving and people skills
· Motivated by new challenges and a fast-paced work environment
· Flexibility to travel, when needed
· Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
· Experience with relevant tools, such as:
- Constant Contact
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Google Analytics
- Video editing
- Claritysoft CRM
· Experience with set up and management of virtual meetings (e.g., MS Teams, Zoom)
· Advanced computer and data entry skills (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $55,000 - $85,000 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the Los Angeles and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $65,000 - $100,000 per year.
Praedicat has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role; the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills.
Additional Compensation and Benefits
All full-time permanent employees are eligible for:
· Participation in Praedicat’s Stock Incentive Plan offering equity-based incentives for employees
· The ability to contribute to a Praedicat-sponsored 401(k) plan
· Medical insurance coverage, with HMO, PPO, and HDHP options, as well as dental and vision coverage
· Company-paid basic life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance plans
· Allotment of PTO (paid time off) and official holidays each year
· Eight hours of paid time off to volunteer at a non-profit organization, per calendar year
Praedicat, Inc. is dedicated to improving the underwriting and management of liability catastrophe risk. Our multidisciplinary team leverages cutting-edge analytics to solve problems for clients. Our patented technology delivers information extracted from scientific literatures on emerging risk. We analyze the risk with a structured approach incorporating applied legal reasoning and economics. Our analysis is focused to directly inform core business functions of liability insurers and reinsurers. Praedicat is developing a comprehensive system of software products, Litagion® Risk Management, designed to bring 21st Century science-based risk analytics to liability insurance. Praedicat was created by the RAND Corporation and Risk Management Solutions, Inc. after the two companies collaborated on research and development to improve the identification and prioritization of emerging risks using modeling and cutting-edge computer science. Praedicat is an independent corporation launched in March 2012.
Praedicat is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Praedicat is determined on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.