Title: Client Engagement Manager
Location: London, England
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Account Management
☒ Full-time or ☐ Part-time
☒ Exempt or ☐ Non-exempt
We are Praedicat, a funded InsurTechp headquartered in Los Angeles, with additional offices in New York and London. Our business is helping other businesses make the world cleaner, safer and healthier, and we do it with a foundation deeply rooted in science, technology, analytics and a business-minded approach to client service. We deliver innovative new predictive models that use cutting edge quantitative analytics and technologies to help our clients future-proof their business. Our people are our greatest assets, and we enjoy a unique and special culture that thrives on hard work, being kind and staying curious. If that sounds like you, read on.
· Making a difference: Our products deliver data from peer-reviewed science into the workflow of business, empowering our clients to make better decisions that result in cleaner technologies, safer products, and a healthier environment while driving profitable and sustainable growth. That’s making a difference.
· Multidisciplinary collaboration: We believe in collegiality and multidisciplinary collaboration. We work really well together even though our areas of expertise vary dramatically. We leave our egos at the door because when we listen to understand, rather than to respond, we learn from each other and build off each other’s ideas. And that leads to solutions.
· Hard problems and cutting-edge technologies: What’s the next asbestos? Imagine if you could answer that billion-dollar question. How might you use that knowledge? How many lives would be saved? When you are tackling hard problems and trying to answer hard questions, you employ every tool in your tool kit…and our tool kit is chock-full of cutting-edge technology like artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data manipulation…and heart.
We are looking to hire a Client Engagement Manager, who will report to the Senior Vice President, Account Management. The ideal candidate has training in a quantitative discipline with experience in the P&C insurance industry and is at ease explaining complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike. This person will be responsible for managing client engagements end to end and accelerating our clients’ adoption of our models, application to their day to day work, and realization of value.
To be successful, this person will develop a comprehensive understanding of Praedicat’s clients, proprietary analytics and products so s/he can counsel clients and prospects on how to derive maximum value from Praedicat’s products and services. This person will have experience in developing and applying quantitative modelling products and be prepared to discuss the application of technical products to insurance and reinsurance workflows. This person will be comfortable listening to prospects and clients and thinking creatively about how Praedicat’s analytics can solve their problems.
· Drive Praedicat model adoption by interacting with clients around the interpretation and application of Praedicat’s analytics and software
· Facilitate the application and integration of Praedicat’s analytics into critical client business functions
· Drive and manage client relationships. Engage in planning process with customers that will provide them a roadmap with clear success metrics for achieving their strategic objectives through the use of Praedicat’s products and services
· Develop a deep and detailed understanding of clients’ business goals and needs and tailor client engagements to enable them to derive the greatest value from Praedicat’s current suite of products and services, as well as identify new opportunities with the client
· Support the delivery of analytical services to senior executives at Praedicat’s commercial (re)insurance clients. These analytical services would include (but are not limited to): portfolio analyses, portfolio optimization recommendations, and model validation exercise
· Continually develop and refine (re)insurance client use cases, and perform discovery and new use case development, as Praedicat expands its solutions and service offerings
· Proactively solicit feedback from our clients to identify and influence improvements in Praedicat’s analytics and software
· Act as client advocate within Praedicat by representing client interests internally, specifically as they relate to product improvement, product steering and Praedicat’s prioritization roadmaps
· Onboard new clients, managing all aspects of client adoption of Praedicat use cases and analytics and integration into internal client models, systems, and workflows
· Provide technical support to clients by working with our Modeling and Engineering teams to resolve technical questions or issues
· Identify and implement improvements to processes, documents, tools, reports, etc. to better serve clients and benefit the internal Praedicat team
· Work closely with the Sales team to facilitate new client conversions and existing client renewals
· Actively seek out opportunities to support Praedicat marketing efforts
· B.A. in finance, business administration or other technical / quantitative discipline
· 5+ years experience working the (re)insurance industry
· 5+ years demonstrated client management and relationship building skills
· Experience supporting global accounts as well as managing relationships including C-level executives
· Strong knowledge of casualty (re)insurance market
· Familiarity with (re)insurance analytics and ability to explain technical/expert concepts to both non-technical and technical audiences in a way that will translate into meaningful client decisions
· Solid project management skills with the ability to drive projects to completion when the path is not always clear and/or structured
· Strong team player; actively collaborate with teams including sales, marketing, engineering, product management and modeling.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Excel, Office and PowerPoint
· Areas of experience a plus:
o Underwriting - Primary (Large Account and/or Middle Market) or Reinsurance (Facultative and/or Treaty)
o Client manager at (re)insurer
o Consultant working directly with risk managers of corporates or casualty departments at (re)insurers (underwriting, ERM, actuarial, cat modeling)
o Account manager at catastrophe model vendor
o Account manager at insurance industry related software company
o Primary or Reinsurance broker
o Client-facing catastrophe modeler
o Operations at (re)insurer that brings teams together from around the organization on special projects
Position is based in New York or London; expectation of 30% travel to clients, both domestic and international (New York, Boston, Bermuda, London, Paris, Zurich, Munich and other cities).
Incentive Compensation and Benefits
Praedicat believes in a work-life balance that is supported by a competitive compensation and benefits package. All full-time regular employees are eligible for benefits such as:
· Participation in Praedicat’s Stock Incentive Plan offering equity-like incentives
· 5% pension contribution by Praedicat
· Private Health insurance provided by AXA UK. Praedicat will reimburse the employee 100% via a payroll allowance for a policy under the Comprehensive Plan, which includes dental and vision coverage
· Life Insurance provided by Legal & General. Praedicat will reimburse the employee 100% via a payroll allowance for a policy with a 2X salary limit
· Income Protection provided by Legal & General. Praedicat will reimburse the employee 100% via a payroll allowance for a policy that offers a 55% of gross annual income monthly benefit
· Allotment of PTO (paid time off) and official holidays each year
Praedicat, Inc. is dedicated to improving the underwriting and management of liability catastrophe risk. Our multidisciplinary team leverages cutting-edge analytics to solve problems for clients. Our patented technology delivers information extracted from scientific literatures on emerging risk. We analyze the risk with a structured approach incorporating applied legal reasoning and economics. Our analysis is focused to directly inform core business functions of liability insurers and reinsurers. Praedicat is developing a comprehensive system of software products, Litagion® Risk Management, designed to bring 21st Century science-based risk analytics to liability insurance. Praedicat was created by the RAND Corporation and Risk Management Solutions, Inc. after the two companies collaborated on research and development to improve the identification and prioritization of emerging risks using modelling and cutting-edge computer science. Praedicat is an independent corporation launched in March 2012.
Praedicat is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Praedicat is determined on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.