Title: Software Engineer
Location: Los Angeles
Reports to: Technical Manager, Software Engineering
We are Praedicat, a funded InsurTech startup headquartered in Los Angeles, with additional offices in New York and London. Our business is helping other businesses make the world cleaner, safer and healthier, and we do it with a foundation deeply rooted in science, technology, analytics and a business-minded approach to client service. We deliver innovative new anticipatory models that use cutting edge quantitative analytics and technologies to help our clients future-proof their business. Our people are our greatest assets, and we enjoy a unique and special culture that thrives on hard work, being kind and staying curious. If that sounds like you, read on.
· Making a difference: Our products deliver data from peer-reviewed science into the workflow of business, empowering our clients to make better decisions that result in cleaner technologies, safer products, and a healthier environment while driving profitable and sustainable growth. That’s making a difference.
· Multidisciplinary collaboration: We believe in collegiality and multidisciplinary collaboration. We work really well together even though our areas of expertise vary dramatically. We leave our egos at the door because when we listen to understand, rather than to respond, we learn from each other and build off each other’s ideas. And that leads to solutions.
· Hard problems and cutting-edge technologies: What’s the next asbestos? Imagine if you could answer that billion-dollar question. How might you use that knowledge? How many lives would be saved? When you are tackling hard problems and trying to answer hard questions, you employ every tool in your tool kit…and our tool kit is chock-full of cutting-edge technology like artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data manipulation…and heart.
We are looking to hire a Software Engineer who will report to our Technical Manager of Software Engineering.
· Define, design, test, and implement solutions for high-performance systems using. emerging technologies to support our product lines.
· Work as a member of our software team on application development.
· Resolve & fix defects/bugs during testing.
· Assist in building and maintaining internal tools.
· Work in all the layers of the software stack.
· Take ownership of building and maintaining software and applications.
· Communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams.
· B.Sc. in computer science or a related field.
· 3+ years of full-stack software development experience.
· Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
· Strong understanding of layered and n-tier architectures.
· Solid understanding and experience in OOAD.
· Extensive hands-on experience in .NET technologies (C#, ASP.NET Core, MVC).
· Strong Knowledge of REST architectural patterns and experience in designing, building and consuming RESTful services using ASP.NET Core APIs.
· Hands-on experience with ORM and micro-ORM technologies(Entity Framework, Dapper).
· Hand on experience in stored procedure development and writing complex analytical queries using T-SQL (SQL Server).
· Experience with Multithreading, TPL, async/await patterns, etc.
· Working knowledge of version control system (SVN/GitHub).
· AWS Cloud experience preferred.
· Experience with distributed systems and microservices architecture.
· Experience with SSIS / SSRS.
· Experience with Message Queuing.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume as a single document.
Incentive Compensation and Benefits
Praedicat believes in a work-life balance that is supported by a competitive compensation and benefits package. All full-time regular employees are eligible for benefits such as:
· Participation in Praedicat’s Stock Incentive Plan offering equity-based incentives for employees.
· The ability to contribute to a Praedicat-sponsored 401(k) plan.
· Medical insurance coverage, with HMO, PPO, and HDHP options, as well as dental and vision coverage.
· An allotment of PTO (paid time off) and official holidays each year.
Praedicat, Inc. is dedicated to improving the underwriting and management of liability catastrophe risk. Our multidisciplinary team leverages cutting-edge analytics to solve problems for clients. Our patent-pending technology delivers information extracted from scientific literatures on emerging risk. We analyze the risk with a structured approach incorporating applied legal reasoning and economics. Our analysis is focused to directly inform core business functions of liability insurers and reinsurers. Praedicat is developing a comprehensive system of software products, Litagion® Risk Management, designed to bring 21st Century science-based risk analytics to liability insurance. Praedicat was created by the RAND Corporation and Risk Management Solutions, Inc. after the two companies collaborated on research and development to improve the identification and prioritization of emerging risks using modeling and cutting-edge computer science. Praedicat is an independent corporation launched in March 2012.
Praedicat is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Praedicat is determined on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.