SafeTraces is a rapidly growing Tri-Valley start-up that is marketing a unique traceability and authentication technology with a wide range of applications. Our edible markers enable full traceability and authentication of the product, not just the packaging. They are applied during food processing to trace the product and obtain rapid source assurance. During sanitation, the markers are applied to the wash water to verify proper sanitation processes, providing assurance of a food's effective sanitation.
We are looking for a
Product Manager, Food Safety Solutions
- The primary function of this role is to understand customer needs related to food safety and sanitation practices and to develop enduring solutions to address them.
- In conjunction with the technology team, you will manage the development, implementation, and commercialization of new products.
- You will participate in the definition of product requirements, and define the technical development plan, scope, goals, timelines, budget, and deliverables.
- You will hands-on support the core technology development activities.
- You will identify and engage development partners and suppliers to leverage commercial off-the-shelf components to complete the solution.
- You must have an excellent understanding of the Food Safety Modernization Act and its implications.
- You will need strong knowledge of food technology, processing, and microbiology, as well as a solid understanding of post-harvest interventions. Strong comprehension of GMPs, HACCP, SQF, Labeling, and Federal food regulations is essential.
- Ideally, you have a food safety market background, heading up a food testing lab or contributing to food safety strategy and execution. You are well networked, technically strong, and provide succinct summaries. Experience in s start-up environment is highly desirable.
- BS or MS in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related; concentration in food safety, food processing, quality control, and food defense. Excellent skills in succinct and effective communication required.
- We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We expect daily presence in the office, with some flexibility for the right person.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if interested.