Join our mission of ensuring the highest safety standards for the air we breathe
SafeTraces is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area company with groundbreaking safety technology for testing and verifying indoor air safety, ensuring health and wellness, and promoting sustainable building practices. Through novel particle chemistry, molecular biology and DNA tagging technology, our solutions deliver independent, science-based performance data for real world environments that ultimately saves lives, money, and energy.
About the position
SafeTraces is looking for an experience DevOps Engineer to help us build functional systems that improve customer experience. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues, and implementing integrations that meet our customers’ needs for easy-to-use, scalable applications. The fast-moving nature of the work requires excellent interpersonal skills, a solid background in software engineering and familiarity with Ruby or python, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and effective written and verbal communication skills.
What you’ll be doing
· Deploy, automate, manage, and maintain AWS cloud-based production systems
· Ensure availability, security, and scalability of AWS production systems
· Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure
· Work with software developers to ensure that development follows established processes and performs as intended
· Design procedures for system troubleshooting problem resolution across various application processes and platforms
· Define and deploy systems for metrics, logging, and monitoring on AWS platform
· Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Be part of our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high- achieving, and fun!
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of related experience required
- Bachelor’s degree strongly desired
- Experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, Route53, CloudFront, S3, Lambda)
- Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
- Proficiency with GitHub, BitBucket, Jenkins, ELK, and deploying applications on AWS
- Experience in the healthcare domain and security needs a plus
- Startup experience strongly desired
- Strong bias for action and ownership