Join our mission of ensuring the safety of the air we breathe.
SafeTraces is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area company with ground-breaking indoor air safety verification technology that has a wide range of applications across the built environment. Through a combination of novel particle chemistry, molecular biology and DNA tagging technology, our veriDART solution enables facility managers and owners to verify and monitor safe indoor airflow and make the right financial decisions about HVAC and engineering systems upgrades for safe reopening and beyond.
About the position
SafeTraces is looking for a full-stack engineer responsible for architecting high-performing reliable, scalable applications used by external customers every day. The fast-moving nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to iterate and improve, multi-task, work independently, and the desire to grow, learn, and explore.
What you’ll be doing
- Architect the end-to-end flow of information from user interactions through database storage
- Design and build interactive user interfaces that enable completion of user objectives
- Design and implement scalable middleware and data persistence services
- Create and maintain unit tests for all layers of the system
- Adapt to meet the needs of our extensive, constantly evolving system
- Build next generation applications for desktop and mobile browsers with an emphasis on scalability, performance, accessibility and cross-browser compatibility
- Tackle tough design challenges to create clean, scalable code
- Be part of our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high-achieving, and fun!
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of full stack development experience
- Experience with Node.js, Java, Go, or other backend technologies
- Proven experience with shipping high-quality product features on time
- Experience performing platform integrations using REST
- Experience deploying applications to the cloud
- Experience with visualization tools (d3, raphael.js) and Node.js is preferred
- Experience working in software development cycle and associated tools, such as Git, Jira
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competitive compensation, equity, and incentives program
- Generous health benefits, 401(k) matching, commuter benefits