Join our mission of ensuring the safety of the air we breathe.
SafeTraces is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area company with ground-breaking indoor air safety verification technology that has a wide range of applications across the built environment. Through a combination of novel particle chemistry, molecular biology and DNA tagging technology, our veriDART solution enables facility managers and owners to verify and monitor safe indoor airflow and make the right financial decisions about HVAC and engineering systems upgrades for safe reopening and beyond.
About the position
SafeTraces is looking for a Vice President of Science who will play a pivotal role in the future of our company. The VP of Science will be responsible for developing and executing the scientific vision and strategy for our veriDART solution, integrating multiple technologies, disciplines, and processes into a scalable, world-changing solution for our customers. She/he will also be responsible for leading and building a high-performing team of interdisciplinary scientists, coordinating closely with other functions across the organization, and being a valuable member of the executive leadership team. This position requires adaptability and flexibility in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead, manage, and mentor a growing team of scientists from various disciplines.
- Lead, develop, and communicate an integrated science strategy and roadmap to all stakeholders.
- Develop budgets, forecast, and metrics, and manage teams accordingly.
- Lead, plan, develop, and manage R&D and laboratory deliverables.
- Drive innovative ideas and solutions through leadership and action.
- Participate in press activities, conferences, trade shows, panels, etc.
- Be part of our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high-achieving, and fun!
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of relevant experience with managing teams of scientists
- M.S., or PhD. in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related discipline
- Experience with PCR technology, data analytics, and intersection between the two
- Proven track record of successfully developing and scaling new technology-enabled solutions in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience building and leading high-performing R&D and lab teams
- A highly analytical approach combined with superior problem-solving skills and the ability to lead and communicate cross-functionally
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive compensation, equity, and incentives program
- Generous health benefits, 401(k) matching, commuter benefits