Join our mission of ensuring the highest safety standards of the food we eat, the medication we take, and the air we breathe.
SafeTraces is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area company with ground-breaking traceability and verification technology that has a wide range of applications. Through a combination of novel particle chemistry, molecular biology and DNA tagging technology, our solutions enable customers to verify safe airflow in the built environment, gain full transparency into product quality with on-product traceability solutions, and protect their brand and consumers.
About the position
SafeTraces is built on a global supply chain supporting customers in the built environment and food industry worldwide. As an integral member of the operations team, the Buyer / Planner will manage; purchasing contract manufacturer work order schedules and coordinate the logistics between CM’s, inbound and outbound logistics to customers and channel partners. This position requires adaptability and flexibility in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Own Purchasing and Planning for contract manufacturing, channel partners and internal work orders. Ensure completion per production schedule.
- Work closely with production supervisor and other internal production personnel. Ensure due dates align with production schedules.
- Support NPI from planning support to full-scale production.
- Coordinate all logistics between suppliers to meet deadlines.
- Contribute to periodic supply chain reviews (open orders, inventory, etc.).
- Maintain contract manufacturing bills of material in the ERP system.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is followed, filed and properly maintained.
- Be part of our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high-achieving, and fun!
What we’re looking for
- Minimum: 5 years purchasing and production planning, in a highly outsourced environment
- 2+ years’ experience purchasing and planning high-volume consumables items, e.g., test kits that include reagents, pipettes, swabs, etc.
- 2+ years' experience in a start up environment
- 2+ years’ experience in a FDA regulated industry
- Equipment planning experience desirable
- APICS certification and ERP experience required
- Knowledge of planning and logistics (domestic and international) practices, procedures, and best practices
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Knowledge of material control practices (kitting, receiving, shipping, etc.).
- Competitive compensation, equity, and incentives program
- Generous health benefits, 401(k) matching, commuter benefits