Join our mission of ensuring the highest safety standards of the food we eat, the medication we take, and the air we breathe.
SafeTraces is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area company with ground-breaking traceability and verification technology that has a wide range of applications.Through a combination of novel particle chemistry, molecular biology and DNA tagging technology, our solutions enable customers to verify safe airflow in the built environment, gain full transparency into product quality with on-product traceability solutions, and protect their brand and consumers. Our newest solution, veriDART, leverages proprietary airborne tracers that safely mimic mobility of airborne pathogens to identify high-risk transmission areas, assess ventilation and filtration, and instill trust and confidence for safe building occupancy.
About the position
SafeTraces is looking for a Production Scientist to help us advance our traceability, sanitation verification, and safe airflow verification solutions. The production scientist is responsible for performing tasks in the life sciences laboratory per standard operating protocols. The fast-moving nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
What you’ll be doing
· Design, conduct, and monitor laboratory experiments under general supervision
· Produce qPCR master mix plates production per standard operating procedures
· Prepare samples in large quantities
· Perform daily qPCR tests
Collect and analyze qPCR data, form conclusions, and provide process improvements
Be responsible for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of experimental results
· Maintain accurate records and troubleshoot experiments
· Participate in routine lab maintenance, lab safety.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Be part of our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high-achieving, and fun!
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years or M.S with 3+ years of relevant experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry or a related field
- Proficiency with molecular biology wet lab techniques such as DNA/RNA purification, DNA quantitation, other molecular biology techniques or nucleic acid technologies
- Experience with food and microbiological preparation
- Ability to work independently, perform routine tasks, and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, quality-focused, and organize
- Ability to recognize and resolve basic problems encountered in experimental proceduresExperience with Excel, Google apps