Front-end Software Engineer
Join our mission of ensuring the highest safety standards of the food we eat, the medication we take, and the air we breathe.
SafeTraces is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area company with ground-breaking traceability and verification technology that has a wide range of applications. Our food-safe markers are applied to the product, not the packaging. Through a combination of novel particle chemistry, molecular biology and DNA tagging technology, our solutions enable customers to gain full transparency into product quality, protect their brand, and verify safe airflow in shared spaces.
About the position
SafeTraces is looking for a front-end software developer responsible for creating an outstanding user experience for one of our web applications. The fast-moving nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and work independently and be flexible with tasks and schedules.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with product managers to build a world-class user experience
- Develop custom, reusable React components for use in interactive online content
- Build scalable, accessible desktop and mobile apps that are cross-browser compatible
- Work with designers to develop dynamic user experiences
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Engineer the front-end architecture that powers our web application
- Tackle tough design challenges to create reusable user interfaces using clean, scalable code
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be part of our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high-achieving, and fun!
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years work experience in developing web applications
- Knowledge with cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the Web
- Familiarity with unit and end-to-end testing for JS/React
- Experience with visualization tools (d3, raphael.js) and Node.js is preferred
- Experience working in software development cycle and associated tools, such as Git, Jira
- Excellent oral and written communication skills