Join our mission of ensuring the highest safety standards of the food we eat, the medication we take, and the air we breathe.
SafeTraces is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area company with ground-breaking traceability and verification technology that has a wide range of applications. Our food-safe markers are applied to the product, not the packaging. Through a combination of novel particle chemistry, molecular biology and DNA tagging technology, our solutions enable customers to gain full transparency into product safety and quality, and verify safe airflow in shared spaces.
About the position
SafeTraces is looking for a research associate responsible for performing tasks in the life sciences laboratory per standard operating protocols. The fast-moving nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and work independently and be flexible with tasks and schedules.
What you’ll be doing
· Make qPCR master mix for qPCR applications
· Pipette qPCR master mix onto 96-well PCR plates
· Load and run qPCR instruments
· Collect and analyze qPCR data
· Work with research team to support day-to-day workflow
· Follow standard operating procedures
· Maintain accurate records
· Laboratory works include pipetting, aliquoting reagents, operating laboratory equipment, participating in routine lab maintenance and safety
· Troubleshoot experiments
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Be part of our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high-achieving, and fun!
What we’re looking for
· Bachelor’s degree with required minimum 2+ years, or M.S. with 1+ years, of relevant experience in molecular biology biochemistry or related field
· Hands-on experience in qPCR or PCR in general
· Proficiency with molecular biology wet lab techniques, such as DNA/ RNA purification, DNA quantification, other molecular biology techniques or nucleic acid technologies
· Ability to work independently and perform routine tasks
· Detail-oriented and quality-focused with the ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines
· Ability to recognize and resolve basic problems encountered in experimental procedure
· Experience with Excel, Google apps