Manufacturing Engineer - Consumables
Join us and disrupt the food safety industry
as we know it.
is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area company with ground-breaking
traceability and authentication technology that has a wide range of
applications. Our edible markers are applied to the food, not the packaging.
Our customers gain full transparency into product origin, protect their
brand, and reduce inventory and recall costs. You’ll be on the cutting edge
of food/ ag tech, redefining the food safety industry.
About the position
serves customers worldwide with equipment and consumables solutions. The manufacturing
engineering role supports a highly outsourced supply chain and dynamic
product development engineering team. SafeTraces
manufactures; test kits and consumables requiring knowledge across; swabs, chemicals
and reagents, packaging, etc. in an FDA regulated environment, ideally in
food products or sanitation. This position requires adaptability and
flexibility in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide manufacturing technical support across the supply chain; first point
of contact for problem resolution on a very wide range of suppliers,
including DNA synthesis, reagent and powder manufacturing, kitting suppliers,
- Create and maintain bills of materials and work instructions/SOPs for existing and new products
- Be the NPI point of contact for the manufacturing group. Work side by side with design engineers and R & D scientists to document the product for manufacturing across the supply chain
- Establish quality requirement and test methods. Periodic supplier quality audit support
- Collaborate on creative solutions to reduce cost, improve reliability and shelf life.
- Be part of our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high-achieving, and fun!
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years as manufacturing engineer with at
least 5 years in a FDA regulated industry
- Direct experience supporting the manufacture
of consumable test kits, ideally in a contract manufacturing environment
- Knowledgeable of GMP manufacturing processes, FDA requirements, and QA requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience using typical PLM software (ideally
Arena) and ERP systems
- Equipment and mechanical experience highly desirable
compensation, equity, and incentives program
- Generous health benefits, 401(k) matching, commuter benefits