SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a Brand & Messaging Strategist, you are accountable for drawing out Clients’ unique business value, uncovering audience behaviors, needs, & desires, and with that knowledge authoring compelling positioning or actionable brand strategies.
This role is equal parts: writing craft + research & discovery + guiding Clients to smart answers.
You succeed by applying curiosity and an analytical mind to marketing challenges and research. You clearly articulate and present compelling positioning strategies and stories to deliver results. You adapt your approach, processes, and deliverables to meet our clients where they are, applying your ever-growing knowledge of sales, B2B marketing, and business concepts—while also staying rooted in the buyer perspective.
WHAT IT TAKES
- Be curious, ask the right questions, and listen well.
- Craft clear and concise brand stories or positioning, nuancing to different audiences and buyer stages.
- A tinkerer, comfortable with ambiguity, with a strategic mindset, a can-do attitude, and the initiative to “go beyond the ask” to solve Client challenges.
- Confidence in presenting ideas to Clients or internal teams, with credibility.
- Comfort expressing a point-of-view on brand challenges and then backing it up.
- Take, understand, and give strategic feedback and direction.
- A keen understanding of business challenges and sales & marketing realities.
RESPONSIBILITIES / WHAT YOU’LL DO
Explore Complexity, Think Critically, and Connect Dots.
Gain a deep understanding of our clients and their customers through discovery interviews and focus groups, as well as qualitative and quantitative research methods. Input activities include discovery, primary and secondary research such as interviews, focus groups, surveys, assessments, and interpretation of research/data.
Write Positioning, Messaging & Client Strategy Documents.
Produce and collaborate on strategic work that is on brief, on time, and on budget. Be proactive (and flexible) in helping to create structure amid ambiguity, by absorbing and synthesizing seemingly disparate information on a Client’s business or market dynamic. Client strategy deliverables include Brand Positioning, Messaging & Architecture; Product Naming; B2B Persona Development, etc.
Collaborate on Strategic Thinking or Framing for Agency Accounts.
The strategy team interfaces with all agency departments, including media, creative, digital, and account service, to inform and support compelling strategies. This can include but is not limited to: developing audience-centric briefs; participating in internal kick-off to translate insights; or supporting proposal development for strategic Client engagements.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Agency or consultancy experience; B2B is a plus
- Proven ability to write clear, consistent, and compelling messaging; Preferably for each stage of the buyer journey.
- Experience designing or supporting research (qualitative and/or quantitative)
- Experience facilitating or leading workshops is a plus
- College degree NOT required
Must Provide Salary Requirements & Work/Writing Samples