You are Sr. Graphic Designer able to competently and gracefully handle the creative challenges of B2B accounts in a fast-paced environment. This means you are not waiting for orders, you're comfortable in your skin and on a hot seat, and not interested in whining. In fact, you despise whiners. Comfortable with controlled chaos and moving work and thoughts forward on your own. You love to brainstorm with others, but can equally nail a challenge singly by sorting it out MacGyver-style with a doorknob and a toothpick if that’s what you’ve got to work with. You love to work hard, play hard, and work some more.
We are agnostic and integrated in our approach. We don’t believe in old school vs. new school. One size does not fit all and we love Swiss Army types. We dig each other, our clients and we are energized by challenging ourselves to crack what others think is too hard or impossible to solve. Our dress code is comfortable, we are laid-back while taking pride in a sense of urgency, and we offer flexible work hours for proven, mature professionals who exceed their clients’ expectations and get things done. And then there are competitive salaries, healthcare and other benefits.
- Work directly with all team members in the Creative Studio to support projects and project timelines.
- Design, layout, production.
- Bring highly conceptual thought to your work. Making things pretty isn’t really that hard. Making it relevant, smart and contextual in completely new and innovative ways is hard. We want people who nail the hard.
- Be able to articulate your creative vision. Present, explain, defend, and modify concepts.
- Must be solution agnostic and comfortable across all-media (print, interactive, broadcast.) If you have a specialty, let us know. Just have a kickin’ portfolio and a great attitude.
- A desire for feedback and constructive criticism of work with the goal of continued growth and improvement.
- Attention to detail. The devil is there and so must be your attention.
- Revision management, through pre-flighting, press checking.
- Physical production of mock-ups for presentations.
WHAT DESCRIBES YOU?
- A foot in both the print and digital world.
- Ability to work at a fast-pace, in a dedicated manner on multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Open and direct communicator with a high level of professionalism that is matched only by your enthusiasm.
- Have an affinity for complex businesses and industries. Our clients don’t sell paper clips…not that there is anything wrong with that.
- Have a “can-do”, “we’ll make it work,” flexible attitude without sacrificing your creative principles (or at least the important ones…and knowing which ones are important.)
- An interest in new, emerging trends in design as well as what our clients do.
- An evident respect for your clients, co-workers and self.
- Desire to make your mark, in a good way, in a small, irreverent firm.
- Degree in graphic design or fine arts, preferred. But if you are a natural, and have the work to back it up, that’s cool too.
- 3-4 years agency experience.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite 5 or higher.
- A proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word and PowerPoint.
- Other multimedia, digital experience/apps a plus.