(Pre-requisite: You must have 4+ years work experience and a minimum of 2 years agency-specific experience in account or project management (in a client facing capacity) to be considered for this position.)
Hi! We're looking for several agency Account Managers who understand more than agency basics. You are well-versed in the fundamentals of marketing (including B2B), and have a track record of growing key customer relationships.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a member of the Account Service team, you are one-part strategic marketing advocate and one-part relationship juggler. In this role you are accountable for the overall management of your client relationships and projects, serving as the primary day-to-day point-of-contact and promoting organic growth for your accounts.
You will help develop strategy and influence client decisionmakers as you expand your knowledge of business, vertical industries, and marketing--both for your clients and the agency. You will succeed by shaping strategy (in collaboration with agency team members), solving client problems, producing great work, and securing/growing Modo Modo Agency’s position and reputation with our accounts.
COMPETENCIES / WHAT IT TAKES
- People & Relationship Skills: Demonstrate experience understanding of client drivers, motivators and interpersonal dynamics that lead to long-standing relationships and trust. Begin to understand more senior client dynamics that may impact an engagement or a relationship. Sprinkle happiness, humor and rainbows throughout the agency and to our clients, daily.
- Money Sense: Demonstrate understanding of client-level finance
- Presence & “It Factor”: Demonstrate comfort in leading client conversations, ownership of client communications and authority in negotiating with clients for the benefit of the project/relationship
- Critical Thinking Skills: Demonstrate understanding of business challenges and marketing realties
- Connecting Dots: Grow experience probing into business dynamics, questioning assumptions and aligning stakeholders when inputs or process is ambiguous in nature
- Marketing Discipline: Demonstrate experience with a wide mix of marketing channels and tactics
RESPONSIBILITIES / WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Client Relationship – Serve as the primary day-to-day client-to-agency liaison across multiple accounts. Creative proposals/SOWS, lead project kick-offs, SME discovery interviews, regular status update meetings, creative work presentations, and ongoing client communications. Field client requests and input, pushing back and clarifying as needed, and enable execution with our internal resources. Draw on and pull-in senior account and agency leadership as needed.
- Project Management – Facilitate and oversee creation and updates for client project management methods including status reports & recaps, project timeline updates in conjunction with the studio team, and new client/project opening and onboarding. This includes driving (and aiding) clients to stay on schedule and keep the project on track.
- Creative Inputs – Thoughtfully drive creative brief development and kick-off sessions with the agency Creative Services team to illuminate the client business needs and deliverable objectives
- Strategy Deliverables – Actively contribute to strategic work product and thinking including marketing & communications plans, client positioning & messaging, proposals & business cases, etc.
- Financial Documentation & Tracking – Manage account-level financial forecasting, budget tracking and client billing/invoicing. Negotiate and approve client change/addition orders of scope as appropriate. Develop proposals and SOWs wiht guidance from agency subject matter experts in regards to cost.
- Collaboration & Delegation – Work with and oversee (where applicable) AEs, AAEs or Interns on work for key projects/clients. Work closely with agency studio team to optimize work throughput, as well as anticipate risks and changes.
ABOUT MODO MODO AGENCY
We are a Top 25 Atlanta B2B Agency and an Inc. 5000 company. We are strategy, marketing, advertising and branding people who don't think like agency people. We think like business people. We're a nimble high-performance group and a great place to grow and make a difference while expanding your skills and professional profile.
Modo Modo has helped hundreds of firms, including some of the world’s leading B2B and B2C brands, accelerate the way they capture & grow their market. We do this by helping clients prioritize marketing strategy and the customer business case above marketing activity.
We were named to the 2017 Best Places To Work. Several years running in that survey, 100% of our employees said "The leaders of the organization value people as their most important resource." We develop our own and we give back to our community through quarterly volunteer days—our DoGooder program.
We offer competitive benefits (health benefits - 3 plans one of which we cover 100%, vision benefits - employer paid, LTD/STD - employer paid, free fitness tracker/app, wellness program with bonuses including moolah and extra PTO, onsite gym, paid quarterly volunteer opportunities, professional development & we open and contribute directly to your 401k (whether you do or not). And while all that's great, our people are more motivated by a culture of growth and mutual admiration than a laundry list of benefits.