Modo Modo is looking for an Associate Media Director to help support our Global B2B clients with media strategies and help us grow our in-house media discipline and team. As a critical member of our Strategy team, you work closely with the Director of Strategy, senior Account team members, our Creative Director, our clients’ in-house media teams and occasionally third-party media firms to plan and activate media.
As you help us formalize our approach and build our team, you are focused on driving, developing and activating strategic digital campaigns across paid social, paid search and programmatic, optimizing the campaigns for success, and using insights about performance to inform future strategies.
As we work with clients on their ABM efforts, you will demonstrate thought leadership and assist the strategy team with connecting what we learn about our clients’ customer personas, customer journeys and attributes, and how we will use what we know to drive ABM success with relevant media solutions.
The ideal individual is highly curious about a range of B2B industries and possesses the skills to unlock rich, nuanced insights from complicated data. You are undaunted by the challenges of targeting, reaching and engaging B2B buyers in all the channels they frequent. You understand the differences between B2B and B2C media disciplines and which tools you need to plan and present with authority. You not only know how to leverage customer data to inform media, you can draw insights from media campaigns that help drive deeper customer insights for our clients.
This individual knows how to adapt their approach (and what they are articulating—framing the level of detail) according to the audience’s marketing/technical expertise and role. Your ability to analyze, synthesize and speak to media performance in layman’s terms will contribute to your success as we build out this capability. Pre-requisites include having led media in an agency and having a working (and growing) knowledge of B2B sales and marketing concepts.
Exude curiosity, passion & authority about B2B media
• Clearly and simply articulate digital strategy and be a trusted partner to agency leadership and our clients (from day-to-day level to C-level)
• Work with our strategy and ASR (account strategy & relationship) teams to understand the client objectives, target audiences, and desired outcomes
• Inform and use comms strategy inputs (competitive, consumer, category, etc.) to define the role of digital platforms
Build smart digital strategies & campaign plans
• Develop digital plans across paid social, paid search, and programmatic, aligning with business and communications objectives, determining platform priorities, creative strategy, and measurement framework. Where and what will we test?
• Contribute to research and business intelligence regarding our client’s competitors use of media, their budgets, their targets, their activations and their performance.
• Support the internal team in setting and framing the appropriate budget (zero-based budgeting) for media in concert with other strategy, creative and execution we propose to clients.
• Connect digital strategy to other paid and non-paid channels (sponsorships, OOH, CRM, TV, email, organic social etc.) to encourage more insightful and intentional campaign planning and execution.
Build our B2B media capability & SOP in conjunction with our Director of Strategy
• Suggest and execute on hypotheses and pilots to test and innovate with/for our clients and our developing media practice.
• Identify/vet/engage (in conjunction with Director of Strategy & the CEO) our strategic media data, technology and solution partners. Be prepared on Day 1 to recommend starting platform requirements based on our current state of media vs. future state data/tech/partner needs.
• Leverage your tech and industry expertise to help evaluate and evolve data/tech partners and lead clients through a changing digital landscape, particularly as it relates to ABM, the retiring of cookies, the continued evolution of MA/SA/Media technologies, etc.
• Be a thought leader, contributing to our published content, and informing/educating team members and clients.
Execute campaigns through partners & the team you are helping build
• Accountable for campaign activation through various platforms (CM, SA360, Facebook/Instagram, Google Ads, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, DV360 among other DSPs) and maximizing media performance through ongoing optimization (directly and through third party partners)
• Contribute to ongoing quality assurance process to ensure all aspects of a campaign’s creative, settings, budget parameters, brand safety needs, etc. are met.
• Collaborate with our ASR, studio (traffic) and creative teams as it relates to asset tags, pixels, etc. needed to properly track campaigns.
• Ensure day-to-day budget management, pacing, partner management, and billing is done properly.
• Develop standard agency performance reports and dashboards. Collaborate with internal and partner media teams to set strategy, define success and set measurement frameworks. Make recommendations for optimizing performance.
Help us build our team & practice
• Help identify (contract to perm) media buyers and execution associates with the eventual goal of directly managing the team.
• Collaborate with the Director of Strategy on new areas of discipline expertise that will inform our future hiring strategy.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 6-8 years of digital media experience, 4 years of campaign management experience in Paid Social, Paid Search, and/or Programmatic specifically
• 1-2 years of management experience
• Well-versed in tools, including but not limited to, partner UIs (Google, DoubleClick, Adobe, Adelphic, TTD, Facebook/Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn)
• Working knowledge of research tools like ComScore, Media in Mind, Nielsen, Simmons etc.
• Knowledge of asset trafficking to ensure accuracy and create reasonable timelines and expectations for deliverables
• Basic understanding of site tagging and analytics platforms like Adobe and Google Analytics
• Expert in analyzing campaign data to consult on optimizations and adjustments within the campaign flights and translating learnings for upcoming campaigns
• Experience working across various internal teams (Strategy, Account (ASR), Creative) to both understand the overall plan/moving pieces and push the work where needed
• Ability to write clear and concise presentations in a straight-forward, insightful way
• Present with authority and credibility, able to tell the story of our client’s customers, their needs and their media engagement
• Experience managing and coaching junior strategists, creating opportunities for them to grow, while holding work accountable to standards and deadlines
• Developing knowledge with platforms like Salesforce, Hubspot, Pardot, Marketo, Terminus, 6Sense, Demandbase is helpful
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, Tableau; working knowledge of Keynote is a plus
• Proven record of problem-solving, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
• Ability to be both an independent contributor and a leader
• Meticulous attention to detail
ABOUT MODO MODO AGENCY
We are a Top 50 Atlanta B2B Agency and an Inc. 5000 company. We are strategy, marketing, advertising and branding people who don't think like agency people. We think like business people. We're a nimble high-performance group and a great place to grow and make a difference while expanding your skills and professional profile.
Modo Modo has helped hundreds of firms, including some of the world’s leading B2B and B2C brands, accelerate the way they capture & grow their market. We do this by helping clients prioritize marketing strategy and the customer business case above marketing activity.
We were named to the 2017 Best Places To Work. Several years running in that survey, 100% of our employees said "The leaders of the organization value people as their most important resource." We develop our own and we give back to our community through quarterly volunteer days—our DoGooder program.
We offer competitive benefits (health benefits, free fitness tracker, onsite gym, volunteer opportunities, professional development & we open and contribute directly to your 401k (whether you do or not). And while all that's great, our best people are more motivated by a culture of growth than a laundry list of benefits.