(Prerequisite: You must have 5 - 8 years of B2B writing experience - both long-form and short-form for digital and print.)
ROLE: B2B Copywriter
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a member of the Creative team focused on words and ideas, you are charged with taking complex B2B products, solutions, services, content and chaos and uncover: the core USP/UBP and develop a narrative arc.
In this role you work daily to research, frame, write, and refine a variety of omni-channel marketing content. Sometimes you are working directly with the strategic creative leadership including the CD, ACD Copy or senior designers on conceptual content work.
Additionally, you may be working day to day with ASR (account strategy & relationship) contacts, and where appropriate with direct access/input from clients, on a variety of content/copy deliverables in support of digital marketing, thought leadership, drip campaigns, and other assets that are a part of long-term strategy B2B sales and marketing efforts. You must be able to listen to technical and non-technical people, do your own secondary research and connect the dots to create compelling copy that draws the target audience to action.
You will expand your knowledge of business, various complex industries and buying realities, and omni-channel marketing to assist you in delivering strategic copy for B2B products and industries. You enjoy connecting with account people, the creative team and client subject matter experts, to uncover the gold that gets lost in too many words and the occasional directive that forgets the AUDIENCE.
You will succeed by using (and honing) your abilities to research, think critically and demonstrate your command of language to produce engaging, strategic content. You are working to grow your own abilities with an understanding that our firm is growing, which offers opportunities to expand the body of your work and ultimately share what you know to our expanding team.
What a growth mindset means: Taking an active role in your own and the agency’s growth by making a concerted effort to try newer and harder projects, while tapping into and learning from senior agency leadership as appropriate.
COMPETENCIES / WHAT IT TAKES
· Creativity: Enjoy exploring what’s possible, immersing yourself in markets and buying journeys that are new, and finding ways to articulate and frame clear, compelling and persuasive ideas. Cute and clever are never our primary goals. Strategic, compelling and memorable win the day every time.
· Critical Thinking Skills: Demonstrate the ability to absorb a range of information from internal and external resources, learning to identify and prioritize what is important and set aside the noise.
· Connecting Dots: Grow experience probing into business dynamics, questioning assumptions, building on the knowledge of other/similar work done for this or other clients and find parallels that help you frame the challenge or better understand the audience you are working to inform, educate or persuade.
· Marketing Discipline & Content Strategy: Demonstrate exposure to and enthusiasm for a mix of marketing channels and tactics to understand the job your copywriting needs to do based on where a message or type of communication lives in the mix.
· People & Relationship Skills: Demonstrate good people skills both internally and externally (with clients or industry contacts) to successfully build relationships as you go about your craft. Sprinkle happiness, humor and rainbows throughout the agency and to our clients, every day.
· Presence & “It Factor”: Demonstrate comfort in speaking up and contributing to internal and client conversations and participating where necessary in presentations—always be credible, prepared, engaged and active
RESPONSIBILITIES / WHAT YOU’LL DO
- · Develop copy/content for multiple clients in industries like healthcare, technology, manufacturing and more.
- · Be able to write long copy and short copy: Web copy, white papers, collateral materials, case studies, blogs, drip campaigns of all types, landing pages, and messaging frameworks that might become a part of a client’s brand guidelines.
- · Demonstrate results-oriented, direct-response and engagement instincts in your copy.
- · As a function of copywriting, do independent copy research on competitors, markets, products, and customers/prospects, etc. to differentiate from their positions and flesh out material.
- · Copyediting/proofreading of materials produced by you and others.
- · Participate in client meetings or conference calls where necessary to hear download sessions directly from the client and ask pertinent questions.
- · Work with the Traffic Manager to ensure that all copy deliverables, kick-off sessions, and copy edits are routed through/conducted according to procedure.
- · Begin compiling resources by client on the server with key preferences, rules of thumb, important facts, etc., including things that a secondary or freelance writer might need to know at a client/product level if a product has to be done with another resource.
- · Where necessary work with the agency principals to help create internal content, blog posts, internal announcements, etc.
- · Approach all items above with a positive, can-do attitude. No gossip. No drama. No prima donnas.
- 5-8 years B2B writing experience
- Agency experience, preferably a small/mid-size B2B agency, is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with a diverse, smart team
- Work well under pressure, and actually prefer it
Educational Requirements: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in B2B copywriting and multi-channel content strategy and content development.
Salary Requirements & Work Samples.
About Modo Modo Agency
are a Top 25 Atlanta Agency, with a B2B specialty and a three-time Inc. 5000 company. We are strategy,
marketing, advertising and branding people who don't think like agency
people. We think like business people.
We're a nimble high-performance group and a great place to grow and
make a difference while expanding your skills and professional profile.
Modo Modo has helped hundreds of firms, including some of the world’s leading B2B and B2C brands, accelerate the way they capture & grow their market. We do this by helping clients prioritize marketing strategy and the customer business case above marketing activity.
We were named to the 2017 Best Places To Work. Several years running in that survey, 100% of our employees said "The leaders of the organization value people as their most important resource." We develop our own and we give back to our community through quarterly volunteer days—our DoGooder program.We offer competitive benefits (health benefits, free fitness tracker, onsite gym, volunteer opportunities, professional development & we open and contribute directly to your 401k (whether you do or not). And while all that's great, our best people are more motivated by a culture of growth than a laundry list of benefits.