Pre-requisite: You must have 8+ years of work experience, with a minimum of 5 years agency-specific experience in account (or project management in a client facing capacity) to be considered for this position.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a member of the Account Strategy & Relationship team, you are one-part strategic marketing maven and one-part relationship pioneer.
In this role you are accountable for the ownership of your client relationships and projects, serving as the senior point-of-contact and promoting organic growth for all work on the accounts assigned to you. Accounts are more complex and may require increased operation with more autonomy.
You will aid in developing or leading strategy and confidently influencing senior client decision-makers as leverage your knowledge of business, industry, and marketing as it relates to both your clients and the agency..
You will succeed by using your abilities to shepherd the most meaningful strategies to solve client problems, to produce great work, and to secure and expand Modo Modo Agency’s position and reputation within your accounts.
What a growth mindset means: Taking an active role in yours and your clients’ growth by working to develop a portfolio account approach – understanding how multiple clients, issues, and senior level contacts influence yours and the agency’s broader success.
COMPETENCIES / WHAT IT TAKES
· People & Relationship Skills: Demonstrate experience and understanding of client drivers, motivators and interpersonal dynamics that lead to long-standing relationships and trust. Demonstrate ability to engage senior client and agency contacts. Sprinkle happiness, humor and rainbows throughout the agency and to our clients, daily.
· Money Sense: Demonstrate ownership of account-level finance. Begin to understand financial negotiation and give-and-take with clients as projects and scope may evolve.
· Presence & “It Factor”: Demonstrate comfort in independently leading or overseeing client conversations, ownership of client communications and authority in negotiating (or pushing back) with clients for the benefit of the project/relationship, including situations involving conflict or misalignment.
· Critical Thinking Skills: Demonstrate understanding of business challenges and marketing realties, and how and where to confidently engage others to overcome or elevate/escalate to drive the work forward
· Connecting Dots: Demonstrate ability to probe into business dynamics, question assumptions and align stakeholders when inputs or process is ambiguous in nature. Understand which dots are most important and discern how to quiet the noise when they’re not.
· Marketing Discipline: Demonstrate experience with a wide mix of marketing channels and tactics. Demonstrate comfort representing the agency’s capabilities, experience and best practice across the mix.
RESPONSIBILITIES / WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Client Relationship – Serve as the lead or oversight of client-to-agency liaison across multiple and key accounts, with greater independence than junior account team members. Initiate and frame inputs for regular relationship check-ins at appropriate intervals (monthly, quarterly, annual). Lead or oversee project kick-offs, SME discovery interviews, regular status update meetings, creative work presentations, and ongoing client communications. Field client requests and input, pushing back and clarifying as needed, and enable execution with our internal resources.
· Project Management – Facilitate and oversee creation and updates for client project management methods including status reports & recaps, project timeline updates in conjunction with the studio team, and new client/project opening and onboarding. This may include or overseeing driving (and aiding) clients to stay on schedule and keep the project on track – or address habitual schedule offenders and ways to navigate.
· Creative Inputs – Thoughtfully drive and oversee creative brief development and kick-off sessions with the agency Creative Services team to illuminate the client business needs and deliverable objectives. Cast vision to our team for broader view of the client relationship, hierarchy and connecting dots to other related projects.
· Strategy Deliverables – Actively produce and collaborate on strategic work product and thinking including marketing & communications plans, client positioning & messaging, proposals & business cases, etc. When overseeing others, help identify historical examples and outline structure for others to work from.
· Financial Documentation & Tracking – Manage and review agency-level financial forecasting, budget tracking and client billing/invoicing. Negotiate and represent agency in discussions of client change/addition orders of scope as appropriate. As necessary discuss past due invoices with direct client contacts.
· Collaboration & Delegation – Work with and oversee (where applicable) AMs, AEs, AAEs or Interns on work for key projects/clients. Work closely with agency studio team to get ahead of, forecast and optimize work throughput, as well as anticipate risks or systemic issues related to the client.
ABOUT MODO MODO AGENCY
We are a Top 50 Atlanta Agency and an Inc. 5000 company. We are strategy, marketing, advertising and branding people who don't think like agency people. We think like business people. We're a nimble high-performance group and a great place to grow and make a difference while expanding your skills and professional profile.
Modo Modo has helped hundreds of firms, including some of the world’s leading B2B and B2C brands, accelerate the way they capture & grow their market. We do this by helping clients prioritize marketing strategy and the customer business case above marketing activity.
We were named to the 2017 Best Places To Work. Several years running in that survey, 100% of our employees said "The leaders of the organization value people as their most important resource." We develop our own and we give back to our community through quarterly volunteer days—our DoGooder program.
We offer competitive benefits (health benefits, free fitness tracker, onsite gym, volunteer opportunities, professional development & we open and contribute directly to your 401k (whether you do or not). And while all that's great, our best people are more motivated by a culture of growth than a laundry list of benefits.