(Pre-requisite: You must have advertising or marketing agency experience in account service.)
Hi! We're looking for a smart, motivated person leader. An AD here understands more than agency basics, they have mastered the fundamentals of marketing (B2B a plus), and excel at the art and science of growing a customer relationship and the value of the account.
Be able to demonstrate that you have staying power and how you grew your own knowledge and your client relationships in the first 7+ years of your career. We are seeking Atlanta area applicants only...and we aren't interested in job hoppers. If you change jobs every year, you won't be the type of person that is sticky at Modo Modo.
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Account Director has a variety of responsibilities. The position works in conjunction with Agency Leadership (Directors of Account Service & Strategy and Creative Director) and Account Managers to help refine the agencies approach to serving clients, developing account talent and fostering new business.
DIRECT ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
• Serve as the lead contact/manager for key agency accounts.
• You are responsible for the organic growth and profitability of your accounts.
• Bear primary responsibility for meeting agency revenue goals for the client base assigned to you by taking a strategic approach to accounts who at times may seem (and may actually be) tactical.
• Advanced and persuasive verbal and written communications skills, analytical thinking, keen instincts about human behavior and client/internal interpersonal dynamics will make you a success.
• Raise value for accounts by directly leading and mentoring/assisting (where appropriate) the creation of proposals, strategic presentations, creative presentations and assessment of account growth potential. In addition to direct mentoring and meeting attendance, this will include the presentation of growth potential assessments and account development plans that tie potential percentage growth and track toward achieving growth.
• Produce key strategic deliverables for accounts including (but not limited to) business cases, marketing plans, proofs of business concepts, framing marketing execution plans and deliverables, calendars of activity/schedules (creation in conjunction with Studio Manager), proposals/SOWs/RFP, presentations and status reports.
• Manage account-level finance including proposals, retainer/budget management documents, invoice requests, PO requests, budget trackers, and documentation of financial decisions/changes between agency and client.
• Obtain client approvals on estimates and budgets in writing (approved email with proposal, signatures scanned are preferred and saved to the server with each job) and alert the Director of Account Service of any perceived budget risks.
• Update weekly sales forecasts with updated budget trackers to the Director of Account Service. Accurately projecting billings is a key focus.
• Write creative briefs, participate in kick-off/download meetings with the CD or the creative team, and obtain client feedback/approvals to business and project strategies.
• For interactive engagements produce business requirements documents, technical requirements (aided by Creative Director), create content compilation documents/plans (Content/Asset Matrices) for Websites, Microsites, Multimedia engagements, Landing Pages and other interactive deliverables (Twitter page skins, App Interfaces, etc.).
• Take client requests and input, pushing back when it’s responsible, and execute with our internal and external resources. Maintain accountability for all client projects--soup to nuts.
• Collect constant feedback from clients on the performance of campaigns and marketing activities for publication in case studies. Work with the Director of Strategy and the CEO to develop an annual plan for project accounts and a biannual if not quarterly plan for “growth accounts.”
• Use well-developed leadership, strategic and discipline-specific marketing and communication skills to further agency and clients’ needs (ideally not one or the other).
• Network with clients at peer levels to raise agency credibility/visibility.
ACCOUNT DIRECTION - COACHING & MENTORING TO SUPPORT ACCOUNT GROWTH
• Work closely with Agency leadership to confirm roles on differing engagements to ensure appropriate rapport is developed with clients.
• Support the Director of Account Service in providing insight for the benefit of the client’s senior leadership in conjunction with the CEO.
• Serve as a secondary account director for “growth accounts” ensuring that development plans are executed. This could include assessing and coaching the AM on their duties in support of the Director of Strategy for the benefit of scaling the client or improving the quality of our support to them.
• It is understood that individual accounts are not always growing, but that some accounts represent significant growth (“growth accounts”) and should be singled out for nurturing and a more strategic up-selling approach.
• Participate in (and/or lead) new business plans/pitches.
About Modo Modo Agency
We are a Top 50 Atlanta Agency (#36) and a 2018 & 2017 Inc. 5000 company. We are strategy, marketing, advertising and branding people who don't think like agency people. We think like business people.
We're a nimble high-performance group and a great place to grow and make a difference while expanding your skills and professional profile.
Modo Modo has helped hundreds of firms, including some of the world’s leading B2B and B2C brands, accelerate the way they capture & grow their market. We do this by helping clients prioritize marketing strategy and the customer business case above marketing activity.
We were named to the 2017 Best Places To Work. Several years running in that survey, 100% of our employees said "The leaders of the organization value people as their most important resource." We develop our own and we give back to our community through quarterly volunteer days—our DoGooder program.
We offer competitive benefits (health benefits, free FitBit, onsite gym, volunteer opportunities, professional development, company quarterly/annual bonus opportunity & we open and contribute directly to your 401k (whether you do or not). And while all that's great, our best people are more motivated by a culture of growth than a laundry list of benefits.