This position is responsible for evaluating of all transcripts for advanced standing/transfer credits in collaboration with Academics; supporting the evaluation of all transcripts for admission decisions; tracking and updating the various systems to record the outcomes; facilitating and coordinating with various departments to ensure a smooth transfer student experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes, authenticates, researches, evaluates, and processes official college and university transcripts to determine transferability of coursework and/or equivalency toward degree completion.
- Converts transfer credits from a quarter-based, semester-based system to a term-based system, when applicable.
- Communicates with applicants, students, and academic staff regarding advanced standing/transfer credit evaluations.
- Responds to inquiries from faculty, staff, students, other college/university personnel and the public concerning course equivalencies.
- Ensures a smooth transfer student experience.
- Coordinates pre-transfer evaluations with the Office of Admissions and potential transfer students.
- Provides resources and attends transfer events.
- Maintains regular contact with academic departments regarding articulation agreements, transfer equivalences, grade changes, etc.
- Works with specified cohort groups which may include international students, veterans, transfer students on specialized degree requirements.
- Works with VA students to ensure a smooth transfer credit experience and forms are processed for VA.
- Evaluates the Student Academic Records.
- Aids in the creation and updates of student transfer guides for all programs.
- Provides exceptional customer Service.
- Processing time sensitive information including, but not limited to registration, grades, verifications, transcripts, etc. and may involve evening hour coverage on a rotating basis.
- Assists with the end-of-term processes including associated reports, processing, and generating letters to students for academic standings, Dean's and President's lists Maintenance of Resource Materials.
- Scans and indexes files into the document imaging system.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical skills required: MS Office 365, MS Teams and SIS system.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer, and the general public.
- Ability to prioritize work, perform well under pressure and maintain productivity despite consistent interruptions.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Change Management - Develops workable; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Managing People - Improves processes.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to walk.
- Continually required to sit.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; and ability to adjust focus.
SCU Core Values:
Integrative Health: We teach, learn, collaborate, and lead by creating an open environment for multiple disciplines and professionals to bring their shared and unique skills together for the benefit of patients and students.
Evidence-based Practice: We value a culture of inquiry, assessment, research, scholarship, and judicious use of current best evidence to inform our decisions and work.
Health Equity: We value people equally. We strive to educate graduates that are prepared to improve individual and community health.
Inclusivity: We welcome everyone regardless of age, race, ethnicity, class, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, or any other similar or protected status. We believe inclusivity leads to more diversity in our reasoning, better representativeness in our conclusions, more ingenuity in our problem solving, and greater equity in our care.