* Hybrid Remote in Southern California * Our Enrollment Support Specialist role is hybrid remote, where a predetermined schedule will be comprised of select days working remotely and occasional onsite days as needed. Qualified candidates must be located within a reasonable commuting distance to our Whittier, CA campus.
The Enrollment Support Specialist is primarily responsible for providing enrollment services for students in Accelerated Sciences by fielding inquiries, supporting students through the registration process, and supporting students to accomplish enrollment plans that satisfy prerequisites for further studies in the health sciences. The Enrollment Advisor will assist with ensuring individual students successfully enroll in any other Accelerated Sciences that fit the student’s needs.
Southern California University of Health Sciences offers intensive science courses both online and on-ground that can be completed in five weeks. The Enrollment Advisor is responsible for representing Accelerated Sciences and SCUHS in a positive and professional manner while recruiting students to enroll in and completes, in accordance with academic and institutional policies and consistent with the highest ethical standards.
This position requires excellent verbal and written communications, strong time and resources management skills and strong interpersonal skills. Individuals must be able to solve problems and overcome objections as needed. Ideal candidates will have prior experience in recruitment, student services, outreach, customer service, and/or sales, and a passion for helping others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for prospective students to provide information about Accelerated Science course schedules and requirements
- Accurately explain Accelerates Sciences expected outcomes, students services, and tuition information to prospective students
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure accuracy of information on website
- Make 50-100 outbound calls on average per day using a dialing software; send text messages to prospective students
- Assist students in registering fors, working with the Registrar’s office as needed
- Maintain communication with students to ensure students have access to course materials and are prepared for their first day of class via text, phone and/or email
- Consistently follow up with students to ensure successful enrollment in subsequents.
- Monitor enrollment numbers in courses and determine, with Director of Accelerated Sciences, course cancellations as necessary
- Contact students in cancelleds to offer them alternative options
- Initiate and confirm removal of canceled class from CX, Add form and Website
- Manage prospective student database in CRM/Salesforce
- Represents SCU on- and off- campus to prospective students and other individuals and organizations in events such as open houses, orientation programs, career fairs, and student related events as needed.
- Maintain ongoing strategic communications with counselors from other higher education institutions, including email, print, and other media, in close consultation with the Director for Admissions.
- Collaborate with other departments and individuals (including but not limited to Student Services, Learning Resource Center, Accelerated Sciences academic team) across campus to ensure Accelerated Sciences students are supported
- Follow best practices and compliances with all SCU policies and procedures.
- Support the SCU team-oriented work environment by maintaining a pleasant and professional attitude and appearance.
- Uphold the highest levels of professionalism, with high ethical conduct expected at all times.
- Performs any other SCU other duties as required and assigned.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of admissions advising, sales or customer-service related experience
- Enrollment management software working knowledge, preferably Salesforce (TargetX)
- Outreach/field advising
- Admissions funnel management (Inquiry to Start)
- Experience working with multiple databases
- Advising adult and non-traditional learners and/or graduate programs
- Phone skills and objection handling experience
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Hybrid or Remote work experience
Candidates must also be willing to work a combination of 8-hour shifts between the hours of 8:00 am and 8:00 pm on weekdays and alternating Saturdays in addition to other alternative schedules as required.
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Uses feedback to modify designs.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- External Working Relationships – Develops and maintains courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Business Necessity – The needs of the employer may be dependent on responding to and anticipating rapidly changing external and internal demands in all aspects of how business is conducted. This may include, but is not limited to, organization structure, finances, goals, personnel, work processes, technology, and customer demands. Therefore, it may become necessary to make modifications to how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with minimal or no advance notice to employees. Accordingly the employee must be capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
- Safety and Security –All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S) from a four year accredited college or university and 2-3 years of admissions advising or sales related experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Enrollment Management Software; Customer Relationship Manager Software; and Jenzabar.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of marketing and recruiting concepts and sales and customer service experience a plus.
- Ability to travel to remote locations and to load and transport admissions materials, displays and other equipment. Some evening and weekend hours required, especially during the travel season.
- Ability to represent the admissions profession positively through a strong, student-centered ethic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Expectations of SCU Employees
The SCU President’s Cabinet has identified a set of values and attributes that are bare minimums for employment, those that are core to who we are as a university, and values to which we aspire. Further identified are qualities and attributes desirable for employees in general, and senior leadership specifically. This is in harmony with principles found in The Advantage, by Patrick Lencioni.
SCU Core Values:
1) Integrative Health: We teach, learn, collaborate, and lead by creating an open environment for multiple disciplines and professionals to bring their shared and unique skills together for the benefit of patients and students.
2) Evidence-based Practice: We value a culture of inquiry, assessment, research, scholarship, and judicious use of current best evidence to inform our decisions and work.
3) Health Equity: We value people equally. We strive to educate graduates that are prepared to improve individual and community health.
4) Inclusivity: We welcome everyone regardless of age, race, ethnicity, class, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, or any other similar or protected status. We believe inclusivity leads to more diversity in our reasoning, better representativeness in our conclusions, more ingenuity in our problem solving, and greater equity in our care