Who We Are:
Truma is a leading international manufacturer of highly developed heating and water heater systems, as well as comfort accessories for travel trailers and motorhomes. Our global success and top market share come from our customer focus, innovation, product quality, and outstanding service. Truma is a medium-sized, family-oriented company with over 600 employees globally and a long history going back more than 70 years.
From our products to our people, we strive to be "Simply Better" in everything we do. If you're a motivated, results-oriented individual who wants to make a real difference in your community and role, then join team Truma today!
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries and flexible work schedules to elevate your job satisfaction and productivity
- Company paid training and professional development allows you to grow your skill set and advance your career
- Modern, open-concept workspaces that encourage open communication and collaboration across the organization
- Excellent company retirement plan with up to 3% match, allows you to be 100% vested immediately and save for your future
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays available immediately to give you the work/life balance that you’ve been searching for
- Premium benefits including, health, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short-term & long-term disability are available immediately
- Tax-free Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) reimburses you for qualified medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers 24/7 phone consultation with licensed health professionals and referrals to supportive resources
- Gym membership reimbursement of up to $30/month, will give you the incentive to reach your health goals
- Exciting and fun-filled team-building events that promote employee engagement and teamwork
- And much more to the best talent across North America!
What You’ll Do:
Supporting the North American operations, the Quality Engineer will take the lead on supplier product inspection, evaluation and defect management. The QE will analyze statistical data for supplied product to identify trends and permanent corrective actions.
Additionally, the QE will provide the business guidance on the use of quality tools and methodologies to improve the effectiveness and productivity of the organization working closely with Engineering, Supply Chain Management and Service.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- Develop and operate quality control systems, application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures.
- The ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct quality control practices.
- Support in the continual improvement and development of Truma’s Quality Management System (QMS).
- Perform quality system and compliance audits, including supplier audits as required.
- Participate in the development and design of new systems and products to ensure quality attributes are incorporated and defined.
- Develops methods, procedures, quality plans and metrics to ensure quality standards and practices are met.
- Prepare and perform customer FAI when required.
- CAR/SCAR and non-conformance process administration for both internal and external customers, including warranty issues when escalated. Ensure supplier corrective actions are effective, documented, implemented and closed in a timely manner.
- Participate in supplier quality assessments for new and existing supply base.
- Manage the 8D process through the escalation of quality issues to resolution working across departments and organizations.
- Develop and maintain control plans for CTQ products and features through the supply and manufacturing/assembly process.
The job criteria may include other duties, responsibilities, and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Education: Diploma from a technical or trade school; Associates degree in an Engineering or Quality application preferred.
- Experience: 5-8 years proven working experience in an Quality role, with minimum of three (3) year in a “decision making” position. ISO 9001 application experience with IATF 16949 preferred.
- Certifications: ASQ, CQE certifications preferred.
- Functional Skills: Excellent planning, organization, prioritization, and project management skills, with a great attention to detail and accuracy; ability to manage large amounts of data and multiple priorities/projects accurately and within time constraints; strong time management skills are essential along with the ability to learn and apply enhanced quality best practice concepts. APQP; PPAP; SPC; RCA; MSA; FAI; FMEA; Ishikawa; Lean and Kaizen methodologies.
- Technology Skills: Fluent use of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word software packages. Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP software preferred. Blueprint reading and GD&T knowledge.
- Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with an ability to communicate with all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Strong customer and quality of work focus, and a sense of urgency is needed with the ability to build relationships and provide ongoing support to customers is also important. Strong influencing skills.
- Culture Match: Professional in appearance, reliable and able to work within a close team while possessing individual accountability for the role is key.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer