Who We Are:
Truma is a leading international manufacturer of highly developed heating and water heater systems, as well as comfort accessories for travel trailers and motorhomes. Our global success and top market share come from our customer focus, innovation, product quality, and outstanding service. Truma is a medium-sized, family-oriented company with over 600 employees globally and a long history going back more than 70 years.
From our products to our people, we strive to be "Simply Better" in everything we do. If you're a motivated, results-oriented individual who wants to make a real difference in your community and role, then join team Truma today!
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries and flexible work schedules to elevate your job satisfaction and productivity
- Company paid training and professional development allows you to grow your skill set and advance your career
- Modern, open-concept workspaces that encourage open communication and collaboration across the organization
- Excellent company retirement plan with up to 3% match, allows you to be 100% vested immediately and save for your future
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays available immediately to give you the work/life balance that you’ve been searching for
- Premium benefits including, health, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short-term & long-term disability are available immediately
- Tax-free Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) reimburses you for qualified medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers 24/7 phone consultation with licensed health professionals and referrals to supportive resources
- Gym membership reimbursement of up to $30/month, will give you the incentive to reach your health goals
- Exciting and fun-filled team-building events that promote employee engagement and teamwork
- And much more to the best talent across North America!
What You’ll Do:
A unique opportunity to grow and build a ground up engineering team in North America to support Truma’s continued growth. Your experience in team development, strong international sourcing and design for manufacturing skills differentiate the incumbent in this role. Working collaboratively with our corporate engineering team, the incumbent will bring innovative, market leading and high-quality systems to the North American RV Industry as a Tier 1 partner.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
The successful candidate will have significant experience managing the mechanical design process for air conditioning products that include electronics content. The candidate must have experience in the end-to-end process of project planning, requirements management, risk management, documentation, design processes, test processes, and manufacturing. A history of successful product realization and transfer to manufacturing is needed.
- Lead design for air conditioning platforms optimizing for safety, energy efficiency, performance, reliability, and cost while driving lean manufacturing principles.
- Institute and maintain appropriate mechanical design processes
- Ensure manufacturability of component and subsystem designs.
- Baseline and study competitor designs and product performance.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in engineering and development related to the organizations industry.
- Test and evaluate design configurations. Document and present results.
- Guide development air conditioning laboratory infrastructure and equipment.
- Guide factory process and equipment planning to ensure product safety, performance and reliability expectations are met.
- Understand and navigate the patent landscape regarding air conditioning technologies.
- Provide leadership in understanding of industry standards and specifications with regard to conformance, codes, methods and performance related tests.
- Provide leadership in, and a working knowledge of UL and Environmental testing requirements.
- Work within a cross functional group of engineering, marketing, sales, quality, sourcing and manufacturing to develop specifications for new innovative products and guide strategic technical direction.
- Own and maintain design documentation and performance transfer functions for your concepts and prototypes.
- Lead the creation and updating of design failure mode effects analysis (DFMEA).
- Manage communication and project status to executive team as required.
The job criteria may include other duties, responsibilities, and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Education: Requires a minimum Bachelor’s Degree preferred Masters in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or an equivalent in a combination of education and experience.
- Experience: 10-15+ years proven working experience in an engineering management, product development and manufacturing role. Minimum 5+ years in an engineering leadership role.
- Certifications: N/A
- Functional Skills: Excellent planning, organization, prioritization and project management skills, with a great attention to detail and accuracy; ability to manage large amounts of data and multiple priorities/projects accurately and within time constraints; strong time management skills are essential along with the ability to learn and apply enhanced supply chain best practice concepts.
- Technology Skills: Fluent use of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word software packages. Knowledge of SAP software preferred. Working knowledge of Pro/Engineer 3D CAD design software.
- Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with an ability to communicate with all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Strong customer and quality of work focus and a sense of urgency is needed with the ability to build relationships and provide ongoing support to customers is also important. Strong influencing skills.
- Culture Match: Professional in appearance, reliable and able to work within a close team while possessing individual accountability for the role is key.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer