Who We Are:
Truma is a leading international manufacturer of highly developed heating and water heater systems, as well as comfort accessories for travel trailers and motorhomes. Our global success and top market share come from our customer focus, innovation, product quality and outstanding service. Truma is a medium-sized, third generation family-owned company with over 600 employees globally and a long history going back more than 70 years.
From our products to our people, we strive to be "Simply Better" in everything we do. If you're a motivated, results-oriented individual who wants to make a real difference in your community and role, then join team Truma today!
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries and flexible work schedules to elevate your job satisfaction and productivity
- Company paid training and professional development allows you to grow your skill set and advance your career
- Modern, open-concept workspaces that encourage open communication and collaboration across the organization
- Excellent company retirement plan with up to 3% match, allows you to be 100% vested immediately and save for your future
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays available immediately to give you the work/life balance that you’ve been searching for
- Premium benefits including, health, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short-term & long-term disability are available immediately
- Tax-free Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) reimburses you for qualified medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers 24/7 phone consultation with licensed health professionals and referrals to supportive resources
- Gym membership reimbursement of up to $30/month, will give you the incentive to reach your health goals
- Exciting and fun-filled team-building events that promote employee engagement and teamwork
- And much more to the best talent across North America!
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for an analytical problem-solver with a “hands-on” personality and drive to help support and advance our Supply Chain and grow our business across North America. The ideal candidate has a “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude, thrives in a detailed, organized and analytically driven environment, is focused on delivering measurable results and has a passion for success.
As the Supply Chain Buyer, you will handle our organization’s day to day procurement activities. Responsibilities include determination of demand and order processing, proactive purchase order and delivery date tracking, request for quotes, complaint processing, invoice control, and general correspondence with internal customers and external suppliers. The role will manage demand requirements, working closely with the Supply Chain Team as well as internal departments to assure meeting customer demands and order fulfillment. To be successful you should be able to quickly manage master data and system maintenance and have strong analytical, negotiation, organization and communication skills.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- Issue purchase orders daily to meet sales and internal operational needs.
- Manage and communicate with suppliers on forecasted demands.
- Track supply chain lead times, transit times, on-time delivery, order accuracy and quality of products as well as counteracting price increases.
- Provide logistics documentation support, including Harmonized Tariff Codes; product import / export customs activities and INCOTERMS2020 compliance.
- Maintain supplier database, purchasing records, and related documentation.
- Track inventory levels and consumption of incoming material, working with global suppliers, and with local sales and service to fulfill order needs.
- Support the sourcing and negotiation of existing and new supply opportunities for both direct and indirect goods and services.
- Assist in compiling requests for information & quotes for needed material throughout the departments.
The job criteria may include other duties, responsibilities, and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Business Administration, OR an equivalent with a combination of education and relevant professional experience.
- Experience: Minimum 1-2 years proven working experience in a Buyer/Purchasing or related role.
- Certifications: N/A
- Functional Skills: Proactive, independent, and efficient planning, organization and prioritization skills, with a great attention to detail and accuracy; ability to manage large amounts of data; strong time management skills are essential along with the ability to learn and apply enhanced supply chain best practice concepts.
- Technology Skills: Microsoft Office experience is required, as well as experience with an ERP system, preferably QuickBooks or SAP
- Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with an ability to communicate with all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Strong supplier and quality of work focus and a sense of urgency is needed with the ability to build relationships and provide ongoing support to internal customers is also important. Strong influencing skills.
- Culture Match: Professional in appearance, reliable and able to work within a close team while possessing individual accountability for the role is key.
Contact us today to learn more about the Truma Family and find out why we are “Simply Better” than other employers!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer