Who We Are:
Truma is a leading international manufacturer of highly developed heating and water heater systems, as well as comfort accessories for travel trailers and motorhomes. Our global success and top market share come from our customer focus, innovation, product quality and outstanding service. Truma is a medium-sized, third generation family-owned company with over 600 employees globally and a long history going back more than 70 years.
From our products to our people, we strive to be "Simply Better" in everything we do. If you're a motivated, results-oriented individual who wants to make a real difference in your community and role, then join team Truma today!
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries and flexible work schedules to elevate your job satisfaction and productivity
- Company paid training and professional development allows you to grow your skill set and advance your career
- Modern, open-concept workspaces that encourage open communication and collaboration across the organization
- Excellent company retirement plan with up to 3% match, allows you to be 100% vested immediately and save for your future
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays available immediately to give you the work/life balance that you’ve been searching for
- Premium benefits including, health, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short-term & long-term disability are available immediately
- Tax-free Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) reimburses you for qualified medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers 24/7 phone consultation with licensed health professionals and referrals to supportive resources
- Gym membership reimbursement of up to $30/month, will give you the incentive to reach your health goals
- Exciting and fun-filled team-building events that promote employee engagement and teamwork
- And much more to the best talent across North America!
What You’ll Do:
As the Product Manager, you will have the overall responsibility to identify market opportunities that meet market needs; launch products into the market; oversee products already in the market; Wind down products that no longer meet market needs.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- Act as the main point of contact with operations, engineering, and supply chain to ensure product roadmap vision and ROI meet North American market requirements.
- Work with North American Sales, Service, and Marketing to gather information and support product launches with pricing and sales material.
- Work with Corporate Engineering, Supply Chain, Legal, Product Management, and Business Development Teams to prioritize product and customer requirements, including product vision to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Develop market needs and business cases, in line with the Truma Group and Truma North America vision and strategic planning, through consultation with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs); end-users; dealers, and retailers.
- Evaluate competitor landscape and develop overall expertise to ensure Truma developments exceed the competition and provide premium value and exciters.
- Define lead customers, groups as part of the concept development and input to the design process.
- Describes the product options and possible extended product family, including Service spare parts and end-user consumables.
- Lead the development and execution of the sales, service, and marketing launch strategy.
- Facilitate field testing with end-users, retailers, and OEMs ensuring product installation, controls, and environmental evaluation is completed, gathered, and changes implemented prior to launch.
- Monitor existing products through their product life cycle and support with ongoing continual improvement and product enhancements.
- Continually monitor the industry for emerging trends, shifts in technology, and customer sentiment as inputs to future product requirements.
- Interface and support other areas of the business as needed to ensure overall department success.
- Support during trade shows to explain products to customers and gather market intelligence.
The job criteria may include other duties, responsibilities, and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Education: Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. The Outdoor/RV industry is considered an asset.
- Experience: 3-5 years of progressive experience as a Product Manager. Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. HVAC knowledge is considered an asset.
- Functional Skills: Must be able to understand complex information and communicate information to people with diverse professional backgrounds. Ability to manage tasks, projects, and time effectively.
- Technology Skills: Experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required, as well as using presentation tools. Experience with SalesForce CRM preferred.
- Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Dynamic speaking and ability to engage an audience actively.
- Leadership/Behaviors: High relational, self-starter for time management, excellent with follow-through and meeting deadlines. Excellent ability to network and build relationships. Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Culture Match: Professional in appearance, reliable, and able to work within a close team while possessing individual accountability for the role is key. Must be presentable to meet with external and internal partners and customers. Team-oriented with a positive attitude.
Contact us today to learn more about the Truma Family and find out why we are “Simply Better” than other employers!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer